Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

What is the box behind drive side rear wheel? A hose is leaking there.

Many thanks Mike...with the nice weather today, I can get up underneath there and take care of that!
  2. J

It feels like brake fluid and not condensation, and I have not used the a/c--I am not sure if I have the optional rear a/c thing. I do have a separate controller up front for the rear a/c and heat. Here is a bad picture (it's storming here now and this was best shot in the rain!). You can see...
  3. J

I noticed some fluid on the driveway and it is coming from what appears to be a hose that goes into a box behind the left rear wheel. Fluid is dripping from one of the 4 (I think its 4) hoses that goes into this unknown box...and dripping on the exhaust pipe. What is that box...and how easy it...
  4. J

07 roof rack crossbars install?

Easy...Follow Chris K's instructions I followed Chris' instructions and it took 15 minutes...very easy. The caps are the hardest part...but they do come off with a little bit of pull...a little up, maybe 3/8 of inch at most or so in the back as Chris says...then pull/slide to the back--pull...
  5. J

Leak in Hose Below Thermostat--Help

Thanks...I know that the OHC and the SOHC 4.0 are different and there are some photos of the OH, but I can't seem to find and photos (or diagrams) of the SOHC. Autozone and the Motorcraft parts site don't even list it or show it...so it's been hard to identify. Sounds like I need a trip to the...
  6. J

Leak in Hose Below Thermostat--Help

Got a 97 SOHC 6cy and I finally found the small leak...a pin hole leak in the small hose that connects to the bottom of the plastic thermostat housing. This hose is only about 2 or 3 inches long...and is buried in there. I haven't seen any post on this about this hose...nor can I find it on...
  7. J

Electrical Problem--Intermitent Shorting

Help! I've had several shorting problems that come and go over the last several years. First, the left front speaker in the door would not work...but when I would turn some A/C controls or the fan...OR open or close some windows ...the speaker would come back on. Then...the A/C stopped working...
Back