Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What should I buy to make my 94 Explorer XL offroad worthy?

^^ well said Don't forget good tow points, and a good set of straps, they should be the first thing on/in your truck. A good hitch for the rear and a set of simple tow hooks off JC whitney or go to pick and pull and bolt them up. Then you need to set a budget and figure out what you really...
  2. S

Suspension Lift Help!!

selectable was the wrong word lol...they are un locked till there's spin then they lock up.....and without a trac bar i thought front leafs are sketchy?
  3. S

Suspension Lift Help!!

it seems like super charging a 4.0 is kinda like drops in a bucket...why not a 5.0 conversion. Then look around for a EB D44 for the front, so the with is not an issue then run the rear 8.8 and re-gear them both to 4.10 and run a locker out back(aussie for the selectabillity)....bur be careful...
  4. S

4x4 vs. AWD ?

4wd is a 50% power split between the front and rear differential. AWD typically has a 60% rear 40% front and that changes when under different acceleration and speeds etc. AWD is a street/ mild weather type system.
  5. S

35's with a 4" suspension and 3" BL

lol check the date when you post in a thread...the last post was 8/7/04.
  6. S

31" tires on a sport

with trimming on the front that would fit 33's
  7. S

Be prepared!! Many how-to comming soon!!!

how about some roof lights?...and maybe ditch the running boards so it has a higher stance?
  8. S

bench seat in a 96 x?

get one and try it out...i bet you will need to fab something up. Make sure you grab all the brackets from the ranger you get it from.
  9. S

lifted my Bronco II this past week

looking good! what are you going to run for tires?
  10. S

LED swap over!

ooo Sparkly...looks amazing
  11. S

Happy with mpgs

good to here, many people would be surprised what just driving carefully does for gas mileage...take a look at Aldives quest for 30 thread you might get a kick out of that.
  12. S

Off road mini van.

why?....spend the money on a 350? for a mini van
  13. S

New kid on the block :-)

^^bang on better to have us say WTF are you thinking then, you look at your truck and say wtf was i thinking
  14. S

Aston Martin Mustang? YIKES!

wow! sick!
  15. S

What axle to use for front end solid swap?

EB D44 is almost a "bolt on"...almost if you can find one spring for it. It is the same with, i think there is just an issue with the radius arms?...search around
  16. S

ex same as ranger?

the 4.0 rangers had 8.8's
  17. S

Just bought an 01 Sport.

nice, looks really clean :P
  18. S

95 Explorer is stuck in park.

try starting it in netural see if that helps.
  19. S

33in Tires, Finally, tell me what you think!!!

lookin good, from zeeland eh?...i have a place in holland, when im in town hit me up we will go whellin.
  20. S

98 steering and suspension ?

swaybar/ swaybar bushings maybe?
  21. S

"New" truck! :)

congrats! nice looking truck you have there.
  22. S

Tips for old explorer on a long drive

have a friend walk beside it when its moving to listen for any squeaks...do what teh guys said, basic tune up, and get some good cd's.
  23. S

Diff gears in the rear vs gears in the front

i say take it to a shop its well worth it to have it done correctly. maybe you can watch them set up the gears?..so you get an idea of whats going on.
  24. S

Junk yard superlift for IFS 4X4?...

whats the overall goal for your project?...the idea of the F-150 IFS stuff sounded like an idea to throw around?...maybe with a full with rear end?
Back