Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Exhaust Manifolds/Headers GLOWING Red

I guess checking fuel pressure would be a good idea....never thought about that..thanks
  2. P

not much...1.6 roller rockers (useless) with upgraded valve springs.....but basically a OEM rebuild otherwise. if runs fine I think....but the gas mileage lately has been horrid (12mpg)
  3. P

yeah....I meant that too.. forgot to write it :cool:
  4. P

yeah, that is what I was thinking too.....but I hate to delete all the cats! from what I read on here most done reccomend that due to a substantial loss in back pressure.
  5. P

well I know I have an exhaust leak, but didnt think that would cause this. The manifold is cracked in the normal spot, and I have not been able to get replacements yet.
  6. P

yes I am referring to the stockers...and I can see them b/c that plastic splash shield is missing....and my mustang is low....
  7. P

I was driving in my Mustang the other night next to my Fiance (who was driving my explorer) and I looked over to see the headers glowing red! i was shocked to see this! I have done a search and have found that sometimes clogged cats will cause this symptom....but I am not sure. I have...
  8. P

Miss at idle only

Changed all 8 plugs AND wires again! Found a CRACK in my 1" intake spacer....removed it and put it back to stock....STILL MISSES! I dont know what to do at this point shy of a compression test and leak down... wish me luck
  9. P

Miss at idle only

nice will try that this weekend. please dont say internal issues though :roll: I dont think I could handle another motor swap....what a pain in the ass!
  10. P

Miss at idle only

I have been having a miss at idle since I put the motor back in the truck. Background: completely rebuilt long block with all new gaskets. Before I pulled it, there was no miss, and now there is. It is giving me cyl 1 missfire codes, and Both Banks 1 AND 2 LEAN. Any help that I can...
  11. P

1991 rear ABS light is on.

when I had my 91, the RABS (rear ABS) valve had gone bad. THat is where you checked on the drivers side frame rail up by the front of the truck (but behind motor) in my case, that valve was leaking too, so that was how I determined it was bad. I am not sure what the correct steps are to...
  12. P

saggin leaf springs

mine too....sagging pretty bad IMO. I just got done ordering a pro comp AAL from summit racing...should be here by wed of next week. I hope to have it on next weekend, and we are towing the boat to go fishing, so I will know if it makes a difference or not.
  13. P

JMan689's 93 F-150 Lightning

nice! I love those trucks!
  14. P

Whats A good mustang Forum?

some good sites! I am a mustang guy by heart, and have teh x too!
  15. P

Whats A good mustang Forum?

what year are you looking for? for newer modular stangs I wuold reccomend www.modularfords.com and for the older ones, I would reccomend www.corral.net. Rick
  16. P

Tire size + Gear change + MPG difference back to stock?

I think i am going to do it later this year.
  17. P

yes it does..I do a lot of hwy driving, so I am not sure that I am going to get the gears unless I get the 31's....for fear it may harm my mileage. Here in fl, hills are not a problem, but 80mph on the hwy from time to time while passing is common..thanks!
  18. P

understood perfectly!! thanks!
  19. P

in other words, if I lost some mpg by going to larger tires, would I get that back with the 4.10's, or lose more?
  20. P

yeah I get most of that, and i understand that the tire physically spins fewer times per mile with the larger tires, but doesnt the truck have to work harder to achieve the same performance? ...like you said. and if that is the case, wouldnt the 4.10's essentially make it "easier".....or just...
  21. P

I know the tire size will affect the mpg that I attain. and I also know that a gear change from 3.73's to a different gear like 4.10's will do the same. However, I went from the stock tires to 30X9.5 (and will be 31x10.5 or 33x10.5 next time) and I am wondering of changing the gear to the...
  22. P

1" Heat Spacer Install- 5.0 GT-40 ( Upper Plennum Removal and Replacement)

I have heard of the mustang guys doing this to keep the heat out of the upper manifold/t-body.
  23. P

i'm rebuilding my frond suspension...now

good find pricewise for sure!
  24. P

Get your 5.0 shortblock now-while they are cheap!!!

that sucks...only rebuilds now
Back