Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

For Sale 1992 Explorer Sport

I really don't want to sell this but I don't really drive it anymore no time(wife, 2 kids and 2 jobs now) and I think someone else would have more fun with it. I don't have it posted anywhere else yet I wanted to post it here first, since I have gotten so much from this site over the years...
  2. C

help with my 4 wheel drive not engaging

The motor dosen't need to be replaced just rebuilt. The clicking is the relay in the explorer the reason the light isn't lighting up is because the motor is misalligned. The plastic washers are more than likely broken, replace them with rubber ones and you won't ever have a problem again...
  3. C

4WD motor - Wire removal

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123542 Check around post 23 and down. I just cut mine and soldered it back together with some shrinkwrap tubing and haven't had any problems in about 3 years.
  4. C

Help! Anti-freeze in over flow tank boiling!!!!

Sounds like either a blown head gasket or air in the cooling system. A compression test should tell you for sure. You can rent the stuff to do it from most auto parts stores.
  5. C

4x4 drive switch

More than likely it isn't the switch, it is the shift motor. The switch is easy to replace just unplug it and plug in the new one. You can see how to fix the shift motor in the thread in my signature.
  6. C

Hood Latch Striker Problem.

I had the same thing happen to me. I just have my hood wired shut for now, I haven't found a solution yet. Anyone have any ideas?
  7. C

Begining of a transformation

I would be more concerned with total width more than tire diameter. The general rule is go as wide as you do high. by lifting you raise your center of gravity and can join the rollover posse pretty fast!! :roll:
  8. C

'92 Sport Build

Welcome, before you do any mods you should decide where and how you are going to use your explorer off-road. The SOA will give you about 5-6 inches of lift in the rear only. You would need a lift kit to help the front out. You also mentioned a newer axle and gears, which you could do a solid...
  9. C

Storage box under the ex?

This is something I have been wanting to do for years now. I got the idea when getting out the spare tire from my car one day. I would imagine building some sort of box from angle iron and steel plate or aluminum. Not so sure JB weld would hold it, You might be able to bolt everything together...
  10. C

Bumper

Try checking out Fastenal they have all sorts of stuff like that http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/products/fleet-automotive/automotive-fasteners/retainers/_/N-gj5000&Nty=0
  11. C

Help needed with 4x4 on a 1992 Explorer.

Check out the thread in my signature
  12. C

There is a stop inside, if that is broken the motor will still move it just won't align correctly when hooked up to the transfer case.
  13. C

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123542 This is a great resource for info. If you find that the shift motor is the problem, you can even fix it using this thread.
  14. C

New headgasket & valve job but still overheating!

If the engine got too hot the heads could be warped. I would start with Iron Weasel's suggestions first. Flush the system, replace the thermostat, and check the water pump.
  15. C

A/C not working

I bought one of these: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/IDN0/GBM2CS.oap?ck=Search_gauges+%26+specialty+tools_-1_3334&keyword=gauges+%26+specialty+tools I tested the pressure and it was low. I also needed to buy one of the adapters to make the connector fit...
  16. C

Drive shaft extension...

I am sure I have some axel wrap, the springs aren't really that soft though. With the truck just sitting there you can see the slip is out farther than normal.
  17. C

Drive shaft extension...

When I did my 5.5" Superlift with the SOA, if I get on the brakes real hard the rear driveshaft seperates at the slip.
  18. C

A/C not working

I see from your picture that your compressor is unplugged, try plugging in those wires. If it still doesn't work, then try the jumper test.
  19. C

Wanted AOD Adapter

I am looking to do a V-8 swap and I need the adapter. It the one for and AOD to BW 1350 Advance adapters part no. 50-8403, or James Duff part no. 3530. I figure someone has an old adapter laying around they aren't using. Let me know, Thanks. Chris
  20. C

exocage, arb's, sas, hydro assist, high steer, custom bumpers/sliders, tire carr etc.

Very nice!! I can't tell which I like more the exo-cage or the fact that it is all scraped up.
  21. C

battery light comes on only when driving forward?

Sounds like the alternator to me.
  22. C

over heating

Try taking the thermastat and running it, I have had a bad thermastat from the parts store before.
  23. C

timing belt snapped, replaced, no start. HELP!

Checked everything again..no fire. checked spark and there was none, Checked the Crank position sensor and it was broken. One of the fins got bent on the hub and broke the sensor.
  24. C

timing belt snapped, replaced, no start. HELP!

Hello, I need some help here. My dad has a 93 ranger with 255,000 and the 2.3L. He was driving and the truck lurched forward, pulled over thinking he blew a tire, turned the truck off. No blown tire, Then the truck wouldn't start, he cranked it over a few times. We got it home and started...
  25. C

My brakes are burning up!

I agree with TedJ, I was wondering what kind of brake pads you bought. The cheap pads and rotors are cheap for a reason. Replacing the hoses and rear brakes wouldn't be a bad idea either. Good Luck!
Back