Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Torsion Bar Mod backfire??

yeah, it shouldn't move back, crank down the bars, then take it back and have them realign it....
  2. C

2001 Explorer Sport 4x4 - modifications to improve fuel economy?

lucas fuel additive. Its about $8 for a big bottle and all you have to use is 3oz for every 10 gals of gas. Helps drive up your mpgs.
  3. C

Stic-O

sold him an atari, made immediate payment, great communication, would for sure do business with him again!!!
  4. C

help a girl not get ripped off at the mechanic :-)

where the heck are these "shops" you go to? Ask around and find one that is recommended by others, you seem to have nothing but bad luck, hell Sears did the alignment on my truck when i lifted it, they overcharged a little bit, but I had a giftcard, so what the hay. Good luck and lets see some...
  5. C

yeah, get new ball joints, the moog replacement ones are way better then stock anyways from what i hear, give your torsion bars a little crank, get an alignment and make your myspace public so everyone can check it out......
  6. C

probably your ball joints, and am i right in reading that you never did get the front end aligned? That probably helped your ball joints wear out faster, I know once I put the body lift on my sport and cranked the bars it wasn't long before the ball joints were shot. Also, my MPG went to hell...
  7. C

sagging fender flares

no bill, then it would have been sticking straight up, for at least 4-6hrs :D
  8. C

Finally Elite..Skanlaxjmo's elite registry

Not anytime soon :( I am sure i can run the silvy up there though......
  9. C

front clip swap for 01 explorer sport

you don't have to get a different front clip. just use the body lift kit, there is no need to modify your front clip, all you do is take off the metal bumper and reattach the plastic bumper fascia. Works perfect!
  10. C

Has Anyone Used Flitz?

has anyone used their product on painted surfaces?
  11. C

It's getting dull in here. So---

TO YELL YOU NEED TO USE THE CAPS LOCKS. TRY THAT, MAYBE THEY COULDN'T HEAR YOU.........
  12. C

my biggest guns are attached to my shoulders......btw did you guys get your tickets??
  13. C

guns are ok though, right??????
  14. C

Safe or dangerous? lifting 1997 Ford Explorer.

suvs are gonna be more top heavy when you lift them, so they might be a tad but more of a safety concern, but with any lifted vehicle if your using it as a dd, you need to take the lift, tires, etc into effect when driving and change your habits accordingly. -Rich
  15. C

Finally Elite..Skanlaxjmo's elite registry

so your back in MI now? truck is looking good. -Rich
  16. C

Whats your Opinion on Kumho Tires

I've ran tons of kuhmos and never had any problems, I have had the same tire you are talking about on my gran prix for about 6mths and they work great. That being said, they are on the gran prix, I wouldn't put them on an SUV, I would spend the few extra bucks and get the Kuhmo ATs. -Rich
  17. C

where to find chrome overlay

ebay http://search.ebay.com/explorer-pillar-chrome_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfsprZ0QQssPageNameZRC0023 -Rich
  18. C

just wanted to show her off (02 sport 2dr)

That is sooooo WT, but to each his own. Painting the grey cladding is awesome, I always hated it on mine, hope it stays looking nice for you. -Rich
  19. C

Saturn V12 Biturbo

That is funny. What she should have told you is that the ad campaign is to show that they are moving forward with alternative sources of fuel, not making in sound like they are moving forward with bigger engines, lol. Although the Skys are very nice. -Rich
  20. C

just wanted to show her off (02 sport 2dr)

This was mine, till I traded it in for a truck. -Rich
  21. C

Upsizing from the original tire size ?

Take them back and get the stick on weights that go inside the rims instead of the outside. -Rich
  22. C

tail light covers?

tint them! -Rich
  23. C

Tire Jack & Tool Mystery

yup, thats where they should be. -Rich
  24. C

altezza's for 01-03 sports?

You can get them, but they are expensive. Like upwards of $200. I smoked my tails and there are probably some pics of them floating around on here somewhere. -Rich
  25. C

E85 prices in your area?

Lucky you. E85 is $2.89 - $2.99 here, no advantage since the MPGs with it is slightly lower, which outweighs the price difference of 20 cents. -Rich
Back