Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Oil Gauge Acting up

hey guys, Recently, my oil gauge has been acting a little funny. Basically, anytime that my X has been sitting for over about 8 hours (overnight, while at work, etc) and I start it up again, my oil gauge is all the way down and the "check engine" light turns on. After starting to drive and...
  2. S

Size of bottom grill for LED light bar

Measurements are 26"W x 3"H.
  3. S

Yeah, I am referring to the open space in the lower bumper. I attached a picture with a rectangle around the area. I now have a grill guard with 2 Hella lights on it but this was a clearer shot from earlier on where you can see what I am talking about
  4. S

Hey guys, I have a 99 X and was thinking about adding a LED light bar in the bottom grill on the bumper of my truck. Does anyone happen to know the size of that bottom grill or if a 22" bar would work well there? I know I can go measure but I am not able to during work and keep forgetting...
  5. S

LED strip not working when tried to hardwire it in

hey guys, so I got a LED strip that connected to my 4 pin trailer adapter for my running lights, turn signals, brake lights and reverse lights. The reverse lights had to be wired directly into the wire that went into the reverse lights but the rest ran off of the 4 pin connector. Last...
  6. S

Turn signals out - help!

So I went and checked all the fuses- first the left and right turn signal ones and those were fine, which made me nervous... but then I found that the Emergency flashers had a separate fuse too and that one was blown, luckily there was a spare fuse that was exactly the same on the fuse panel...
  7. S

Turn signals out - help!

Planning on checking that later and hoping that is all it is... I pulled out the fuses last night right when it happened but it didn't look like the wire was broken... I think I pulled the correct ones based on the layout from the owner's manual (I think I checked #3 and #7 ). I've never had...
  8. S

Turn signals out - help!

Hey guys I was wiring in a LED strip to the back of my truck that usually plugs into a trailer 4 pin connector. Last winter the salt ate through my connector so I was wiring them in straight, there was a little spark as some of the wires hit each other and then my then signals went...
  9. S

Custom blinkers mounted into mirrors

I have those turn signals on my motorcycle! ha these look great!
  10. S

LED strips from China... anyone use before?

So they should be good to just wire into the current fog light wires?
  11. S

Led Setup in my 97 Mountaineer

these look great! i need to replace some dash lights but never have taken that all apart before, i love that you've got the color changing ones inside there too
  12. S

I'm also thinking about wiring them into my fog lights so they come on at the same time... are these ok to just splice into the current wires as they are or do I need to do anything else? SHould they be run totally separate and connected to the battery and a switch? what would be my best...
  13. S

those look great! I totally forgot to buy them this weekend but I think I am going to grab a set this week. thanks for all the pics!
  14. S

cool! thanks guys, I have bought some from China as well and used on my motorcycle... was just wondering about these specifically. Glad to see they are working for people, I think I will be grabbing a set!
  15. S

Hey Guys, I came across these LED strips from China on eBay and was considering getting some and putting them, probably, on the bottom bumper... not totally decided yet. Has anyone tried these before? I've seen similar setups on more "tuner" cars and thought it looked pretty cool. I was...
  16. S

replaced headlight bulb... won't stay in now

So I went back out today and felt around the headlight housing and felt the tabs on it and I see where they should fit into the open spaces on the plastic portion of the bulb. But I still cannot get it in there. I am lining up the tabs and pushing it in, but it is not fitting... Do I just need...
  17. S

got it! yeah, I believe I had the tabs all in there correctly but was still having some issues. I will double check again and maybe throw a little grease on there and hopefully be done with it! Thanks!
  18. S

Hey guys, so I had a headlight bulb burn out... I pulled it out, switched the bulb with a new one, but now the little ring that the bulb goes through that holds it securely in the headlight housing will not fit back on. It has the little grooves that should fit easily around it and lock back...
  19. S

Anyway to get them to fit? KMC XD 775 Rockstar Rims- 5.5 Bolt Pattern

Yeah, I was thinking about that too... I am thinking I could probably talk them down to $400 for a set of 5 rims... which I think is a pretty good deal for those, considering the boxes they are in havent even been opened
  20. S

hmmm... maybe it's not worth it... even if I could get them cheap ha
  21. S

Hey guys, There is someone at my work selling a set of 5 rockstar rims (KMC XD 775 is the model number). Would I be able to make these fit a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT with adapters? Here are the specs: 17x6 5.5 bolt pattern Offset- 10 Centerbore- 78.1 Backspacing 4.89 She got them...
  22. S

Tailgate LED Light Strip Installed

It's a super easy install... Only thing that took a little time was splicing in the reverse light wire. But that was less than 10 minutes too
  23. S

Haha I would keep searching on there... There were a bunch of different listings, I'm sure someone would she to Canada!
  24. S

Oops! Here we go! http://www.ebay.com/itm/121298290274?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I think that link is probably to the one I bought, but it should redirect you to new ones they have
  25. S

This is the one I got! straight off of eBay, and pretty cheap! I got the 60" didn't have to cut it at all. I put it just below where the tailgate closes so it is actually sitting on the plastic part just under it and not on metal anywhere but it fit perfectly and can be seen under the...
Back