Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

What are correct A/C pressures for a charged system?

I added the remaining quarter of the 18oz. can and then added a full 12 oz can as well. The compressor now stays on and the pressure with the compressor running is about 39 PSI with an outside air temp of 76 degrees F. The Air now works inside the truck and it definately cooler inside with Air...
  2. 0

AC kicking off and on every other second

Same Problem. A/c didn't work at all, so I added about 3/4 of the 18 oz can. the pressure while running and the a/c on is 47 PSI then the compressor clicks on, slowly drains the pressure down to about 19lbs, at which point the compressor stops, the pressure builds back to 47 PSI, repeat. I...
  3. 0

Thanks for the responses, I don't think that I am fully charged yet. Unfortunately, the single port cans are all that fits my budget at the moment. I would love to go down and drop 100-200 to get it done correctly, but this is where I am at the moment. can anyone with functioning A/C...
  4. 0

O.K., Here is where I am at the moment.... A/C didn't work, checked to see that compressor would still click on- it did. Bought a can of "EZ Chill" 134a for $18 at Wally world. came in a tall can with lubricant added and leak sealer. also had hose with it that had built-in pressure guage...
  5. 0

A/C compressor won't click on- anyway to jump it to see if it is still working?

So my next step would be to try to find out the pressure of the system? what kind of guage works for that? or should I try to charge the system? Do those kits from walmart work or should I take it in? Also, I thought it worked fine this spring, but it wasn't real warm out- really late spring...
  6. 0

Got Compressor to click on... now what O.K., if I jump the plug on the while the a/c is set to Def. then the compressor clicks in. If the controls are set to Vent, nothing happens. I had a helper check for cool air wile the compressor was rinning, but didn't feel a change. Don't now if there...
  7. 0

trying to figure out if it is broken or if it isn't clicking on because of low pressure, etc. Any hints? 2nd gen, 5.0
  8. 0

Anyone tried one of those wal-mart 134a recharge cans on a 5.0?

Hi all, I searched for a while and still don't know a whole lot about those do it yourself A/C kits- or exactly how to do them on a V-8 explorer. If anyone has advice on how to do it, or a link to a really good thread, I'd love to know more about it. I only have basic tools and I also need to...
  9. 0

Tranny Fluid Leak wayyyy up front

Hey everyone, I've been leaking for quite awhile and when I checked it last night I was 2 Qt. Low. The leak is way up by the front bumper. Am I right to assume that there is a tranny oil cooler up by the radiator? otherwise it doesn't make sense. must be a fitting or something...... the...
  10. 0

Starting problems.. sometimes....

is bad ground the best bet for intermitent problems?
  11. 0

Starting problems.. sometimes....

Hi all So about a week ago the starter started going out on my 302. finally it would just click as the starter would engage but not turn. so I swapped it out for a reman one (grocery store parking lot, FUN) and It then turns like mad but wouldn't fire. tried starting it more than a dozen...
  12. 0

Tire Pressure in Winter

I put 32 psi in them for now, I try for about 34-36 in the summer. Right now it is about 2 degrees outside, with snowpack on the sidestreets. I may drop to 30 psi though.
  13. 0

Tire Pressure in Winter

I did a search but no luck, so I was wondering If anyone runs lower pressure in the winter months for better performance in the snow. Yes or no, I want opinions! If yes, explain what pressure f/r, and any positives/negitaves in doing so. also, If you want to list your summer psi that would be...
  14. 0

Stereo display sometimes doesnt lite up

I guess I will pull the stereo and try to see if the contacts for the face plate can be cleaned. The display now only works about 50% of the time, so I better try something. It has the dual media option w/ changer and steering wheel controls, so I don't want to go to an aftermarket unit. But...
  15. 0

OMG! so this is a recurring problem... I cant believe how widespread of a problem this is- I just cant. Really! I'm Speachless. speachless, speachless. unbelievable.
  16. 0

Driving around, I notice that on occasion the clock/radio LCD is out, sometimes at startup, or comes on goes of while driving. It functions correct probably 80% of the time, and the stereo always sound fine, even when the display is off. What gives?
  17. 0

TT and Warrior Shackles

hey Norad-what BL kit did you buy and where did you get it? The only kits I can find are for the 90-94 models, and the sporttrac.
  18. 0

Torsion Twist, Where do i measure?

or you could have a low tire, giving a false reading compared to the ground. I like the rim measurement, because it takes the tires out of consideration
  19. 0

TT and Warrior Shackles

O.K., I have been reading this thread and had some questions. I am considering the same types of modifications but am a little confused about the huge amount of over-information on this board- maybe you guys can help, and clarify this a little more for a few of us. -oh, and please dont flame...
  20. 0

4" lift miscellaneous questions

I have a similar question for my 2001- I have searched a lot on the net, and cant find anything for the newer exploders. I was thinking about 31-33" tires but need to clear them on my eddiebauer 5.0 AWD. Also, any suggestions for the AWD system? do I run into problems since it is not a pure...
Back