Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

AC Compressor failed replaced

I know it is not a Explorer, but I own a 2000 Explorer that I have gotten tons of good help with and I recently had an issue with other vehicle, a 97 F150 so I thought I try here. Anyhow, I recently had the compressor fail on my F150 while on a trip. First blew hot air and got VERY noisy so I...
  2. M

4R70W...if truck coasts the tranny then slips

I have a 4R70W with 130k and lately I have noticed sometimes when I decelerate (like coasting thru rough intersection at around 30 MPH) and re-apply the throttle the tranny slips like crazy then up-shifts and acts normal. Only does it when it coats and then acts like it downshifts when it...
  3. M

4R70W OD light flash...1-2 shift error

I have 97 4R70W and the OD light started to flash over the weekend. I have recently purchased the truck and the previous owner said a local shop re-did the tranny ~10k miles ago. (currently truck as 122k) I took it to local Ford dealer and they said it was 1-2 shift code. (they didn't tell...
  4. M

4R70w ..shifting issues....TC lockup?

I have recently purchased a 1997 F150 (2 wks) ...I know it is no Explorer but Glacier Brooken Bay and some others have been way beyond helpful in my issues with my other car...a 2000 Explorer. Anyhow it is 4x4 ext cab w/ 120k. It has the 4.6 and the 4R70w tranny and last weekend I degreased...
  5. M

5R55E flare issue way worse when hot

My 2000 Explorer (w/5R55E) has 71k miles and has the dreaded 2-3 flare and I was going to buy a VB from Glacier but, I have a bumper to bumper 3rd party warranty and I took it to a independent tranny shop , owner is related to my boss. Long story short, bad move on my part .....he made it...
Back