Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

AC only cold on half the vents

I'm having the exact same problem as the original OP.
  2. A

Dash Rattle

I had a similar rattle. It turned out to be the passenger side (glove box) courtesy light that came loose. It was a very easy fix.
  3. A

How many miles will an explorer go for?

Got a 2002 4x4 xls with 110,000 miles. The only problems i had was wheel bearings, replaced them all at 95,000 miles. Now the 4x4 module is bad and needs replacing. My x still feels like new no ratles, engine idle smooth, I have no complains, defitnatly will buy a 2007 explorer.
  4. A

2002 4x4 problems

How much and where did you buy the module?
  5. A

2002 4x4 problems

Did your 4x4 system got fixed after replacing the module?
  6. A

Speedometer

My 2002 XLS came with out a message center. A near by yard is selling a 2003 speedometer for cheap. Will a 2003 speedometer cluster with message center work on my X if I switched?
  7. A

Tranny and 4x4 Problems

The delay in the transmission between forward and reversed is cause by a faulty solenoid body. Between parts and labor you are looking from 300 to 400 depending on your dealership. It is more of an annoyance than an actual safety issue, they told me at y dealership that it does not affect...
  8. A

Head light adjustment

my 2002 X, has a 3 point adjustment. Up and Down is easy, you just need a 4mm socket to do it. Left and rigth are more of art and you will need pliers to do it.
  9. A

Aux inputs on stock '03 radio?

Where is the CD charger plug located, behind the HU or in the rear?
  10. A

Tranny and 4x4 Problems

They check all the imputs that go in the 4x4 module and they seemed ok. Base on that they said the 4x4 module is the culprit. Does this sound about rigth?
  11. A

Tranny and 4x4 Problems

Ford dealership told me that the modules in the 2002 explorer often go bad. They also told me that Ford has revised the module and is now improve. I will be purchasing a new module soon from Bob Utter in texas.
  12. A

High Idle on Startup

I have a 2002 xls and a 1996 ranger, they both do it.
  13. A

Tranny and 4x4 Problems

Took it to a shop and they replace the trany solenoid and valve assembly. Quick fix, now it is shifting like new. Cost was 400.00. They try to hook up a computer to check on the 4x4 issue but where not communicating with the 4x4 module, they recommended taking it to a Ford dealer ship as...
  14. A

Tranny and 4x4 Problems

Hello, new to the forums, glad to have found a good community. My problems is this, whenever I have to engage the transmission into R or D, my transmission needs like 1 sec delay in order to actually be in gear. I did a filter and fluid change but it didn’t help out. It does it cold or hot...
Back