Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

stupid ques.. 4x4 light

When I put mine in 4wd the light will go on, and stay on when I restart the truck. I have noticed that if I'm in park and put the truck in 4wd-L the light comes on and then goes off. I think because for some reason it's not fully engauged. but if I put the truck in neutral and then engauge the...
  2. S

Explorer shakes at 60mph

Chasing down this problem I've replaced : 2 set of radious ram bushings. (I've even put a washer behind the engine side R/A bushing) rear drive shaft every single U-joint on the drive and axile shafts Upper and lower ball joints on both sides Transmision (Granaded the old one) Rebuilt...
  3. S

Explorer shakes at 60mph

Re: The fix is Bilstein front shocks Dennis it's been a couple of months since you posted this. Hows the vibration? I first noticed my vibration right after I installed my 4" lift, which required replacing the shocks. I have prity much replaced or fixed everything under the truck to resolve...
  4. S

4x4 snow procedure

VairKing, It should be O.K. to drive with your hubs locked in while your in two wheel drive. However you don't want to be in four wheel drive without the hubs locked in.
  5. S

I saw a mythical Explorer today!

Mines a 91 with dana 28 manual lockouts and the manual fourwheel shifter.
  6. S

94 Explorer Battery Light?

The battery is only used to start the truck. Once the truck is running the alternator takes over to keep the truck running. Start the truck. With the truck running remove one of the battery cables. If the truck is still running the alternator is working. If the truck stalls the alternator is...
  7. S

gonna seal my superchip

Make sure you use Electronic grade silicone. The curing reaction produces acedic acid, that can attack the soldered components of a circuit board.
  8. S

asking help from the experts about transfer case

If I was you I would have the tranny looked at again. The transfer case is just a gearbox nothing should be jumping in and out. if it was the transfer case and one of your shift forks broke you would jump into neutral and probably stay there. Meaning your truck wouldn't go anywhere and when you...
  9. S

Flickering voltage

Mines doing pretty much the same thing. Except at idle with the lights and the fan on. the gauge, lights, blinkers and engine dip very low(almost to the point of stalling). When you give it a little gas everything goes back to normal. I replaced the battery under recomendation of a local shop...
  10. S

Questions about the HORN

If this Dixie horn is from JC Whitney. the first thing I would do, is test the Dixie horn befor you install it. You'll probably find that it sounds like the General Lee after it got kicked between the tires. In that case you just might want to put it back in the box, ship it back, pay a...
  11. S

Over heating again POS

First off... once you over heat the truck, and it really got hot, you should look into replacing the sending unit for the temp gauge. I cooked mine good once and it never read right until I replaced the temp sending unit. Are you loosing coolant ? I ask this question for two reasons. First...
  12. S

Need some advice please

The 30 x 9.5's should fit the rims without any problem. but your going to have to install them to really see if the're going to rub. Tollerance stackups on the explorers greatly differ. Some explorers can handle 31x 10.5's without any mods others can bairly fit 29x9.5's. As for the error code...
  13. S

!

I could be wrong, but, I think this person is looking for people in central Illinois interested in joining 4x4 club. Not just explorers, they are open to any vehicles. This will be for just about anyone, not just hard core off roaders.
  14. S

Couple electrical problems and some ?

If the freon is low but not to low to shut the compressor off. It will blow warm air. Mine was 1/2 lb. low this year and thats what it did.
  15. S

tranny install ?

First check to see if the spline count on the new clutch is the same as the tranny. If it is..... Loosen the plate and insert your alignment tool and double check that your all lined up.
  16. S

Couple electrical problems and some ?

If the freon level is low the pump will not turn on. this prevents the pump from burning out. Your MAF is usually located just after you air box. And it may or may not have two safty torx on it (mine didn't). When you remove it it looks like a light bulb element. What did you do, to prove out...
  17. S

Vibration Information

Yes, Noticed right after 4" sky jacker suspention lift. New rims and tires - no change New bearings and seals in rear end - no change. New polly Radious arm bushings - no change 2 alignments - no change tires reballanced ( by same shop ) - no change Replaced tranny - no change. Rebuilt...
  18. S

General Ameri-660 - any good?

Have you tried boyer ford yet? (Broadway and 35 dub) I've OK luck with them
  19. S

Front 3rd member

I don't think so. I got a black and silver w/ 4" lift
  20. S

Front 3rd member

Ryan1, Did you get that PM I sent you on the suspention shop in bloomington?
  21. S

Radiator Gone?

First check all of you fluid levels. If the fluid on the ground is black, it could be oil, or really dirty antifreeze ( from a possiable bad radiator, or an additive like stop leak) Was the smell sweat ? (maple syrup smell?) Thats what antifreeze smells like when it burns. Darker fluid...
  22. S

Shaky 94 Explorer at 59

Mines finley in the suspention shop Well I dropped my truck off monday night. (8/20/01). It was first on the docket for tuesday. As of tues. afternoon they found that my rear u-joint on the rear drive shaft was comming apart (it's less than 6 months old and not even rusting) they don't know...
  23. S

Vibration=Tire blow outs

This "fix" was met with mixed results. most people experianced a reduction in vibration but not a complete fix. Ford is in the hot seat right now. The Ford end of the Ford / firestone deposition starts today. Will the letters acctuially do anything ? Lets say Ford agrees to fix our two...
  24. S

i cant decide.

Mikeresin, Nobody actuially asked the most important question. Is the sport a two wheel drive or a four wheel drive? If your not going off road and your tossing around lowering the truck,why would you lift a two wheel drive truck? (other than looks) As for stability mine has a 4" lift and...
  25. S

Radiator Gone?

I need more info. to be able to help you out. Is the smell sweat, like syrup? Is the smoke white or blue/black in color? Have you filled your Radiator resivour latley? If so did you fill it completely, or did you fill it to the proper level (Hot / Cold)? have you lifted the hood and...
Back