Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mab668

over 100mph in an explorer

had my 04 4.0L at about 115 once for like 2min it handled rather well for a truck no shaking at all i run bridgestone A/T revos i dont think i would do it again god forbid you have to make any type of panic move you can kiss you and the truck good bye
  2. mab668

What issues do the 2002-2005 Explorers have?

i have an 04 with the 4.0L flex fuel motor in it before that i had a 2000 with the 4.0L ohv motor i love them both you will def notice a big power diffrence with the sohc motor and the ride is alot smoother with the coil springs vers. the torsion bar/leaf springs that came in the older explorer...
  3. mab668

Tire replacements. Bridgestone Revo or BFG LongTrail

i have never had T/A's but my revo's are the best all terrains i have had no problems in the snow at all and in the rain its like the ground is dry
  4. mab668

Installing keyless pad on my '04 Explorer?

i seen them at pep boys for 50 bucks or you could try newfordparts.com they sell the same one the dealer would stick on
  5. mab668

Frozen Doors

i have never had my doors freeze shut but my windows freeze closed all of the time none of my previous explorers have had this happen so often
  6. mab668

part question

thats a blower motor
  7. mab668

Blower problem???

you should be able to do it from under the hood open the hood and look on the right side of the fire wall and there will be a black round object that is the bower motor
  8. mab668

Blower problem???

sounds like a blower motor i never looked on my x but its should be right in the fire wall
  9. mab668

Noise on cold starts

take the belt off and turn the pullys by hand you will feel if there is a bad pulley
  10. mab668

Noise on cold starts

i just had this same problem turned out to be a combo between the old belt and the idler pulley. if you take the belt off and turned all of the pulleys by hand. you should be able to feel witch pulley is bad if any. or you can try belt dressing as a quick fix
  11. mab668

flat tire

i checked the tread depth there was only 1/32 diff between the new tire and the other three on the car i have had the new tire on the truck for 4 days with out any trouble
  12. mab668

flat tire

i would like to get two but these tires a $150 a pop $135 on tire rack but after shipping its still $150 i would like to spend atleast as possible
  13. mab668

flat tire

i have a 04 4wd xls with the 4.0l (k) i put a set of bridgestone dueler at revo on about 10 thousand miles ago. One of the them was punctured on the side wall and can not be repaired. can i get away with just replacing the one tire bieng that there is little wear on them with out screwing up the...
  14. mab668

flat tire

i have a 04 4wd xls with the 4.0l (k) i put a set of bridgestone dueler at revo on about 10 thousand miles ago. One of the them was punctured on the side wall and can not be repaired. can i get away with just replacing the one tire bieng that there is little wear on them with out screwing up the...
  15. mab668

Who here has a flex-fuel Explorer?

60 cents of every dollar stays in the state that the corn was grown in not sending all that money to the overseas oil tycoons is worth the decrease in mpg by its self
  16. mab668

Headlight Question

yes
  17. mab668

Need Help

do a search i have seen topic a few times
  18. mab668

Oxygen Sensors

i have been to Advanced auto a few times for a code scan and every time they told me i had a bad o2 sensor. it never was an o2 sensor
  19. mab668

brakes

I read that article while I did find it interesting I don't think it really applies to my problem. Please correct my if I'm wrong but if I had a vacuum leak wouldn't that just give me a hard pedal vacuum should have nothing to do with the pedal height.
  20. mab668

brakes

anybody
  21. mab668

brakes

I'm going to try my best to explain this so bare with me. Over the last year or so the brake pedal will get low and mushy. Here's the part that has me baffled it doesn't happen immediately. This is so gradual It will take a month or two before it is noticeable. If you have to stomp on the pedal...
  22. mab668

Engine Fail Safe Mode-Low Oil Pressure Fix

over the winter every time it snowed my 04 would go into limp mode. some one on a forum said to check the air filter. when i checked it it was the wrong one. it was a little too small and one side would fall in the air filter housing. just thought i would throw this in this thread for people...
  23. mab668

cold air intake

thanks
  24. mab668

slight clunk when going into reverse...

is this the clunk you get when you have the wheel turned in rev. on on my second ex 04 xls 4.0L ohv and 04 xls with the flex 4.0L both of them did this clunk in rev with the wheel turned it is the auto 4wd
  25. mab668

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

why cant we just take the maf from our 04/05 and just put it in the 03 maf sensor housing
Back