Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

SAS and ABS

Moved to OffRoad Drivelines.
  2. C

Looking for a parts list

I'd suggest searching for what you are looking for in these forums as plenty of people have asked the same question and it has been covered a lot.
  3. C

Interior or EXO cage, that is the ??.

Since cages need to be tied into the frame to be useful, an internal cage will be stronger. You can use more straight pieces of tubing and there will be less leverage on frame tie-in points. This makes it more likely that you will survive in a hard roll. You can roll an internal cage more...
  4. C

Decided to do a SAS!!!

Moved to Shocks, Suspensions, and Lift Kits.
  5. C

Track bar and bracket for sas

Moved to Shocks, Suspensions, and Lift Kits.
  6. C

Is this housing broken?

Moved to Offroad Drivelines.
  7. C

00 Mountaineer frt diff swap

Not that you don't need them. You can't use them. Totally different. You need D35 standard cut gears.
  8. C

i call it "littlefoot" sas in progress

Moved to Projects.
  9. C

Dana 44

Moved to "Offroad Drivelines."
  10. C

5 on 4.5 D44?

Yeah, but you wouldn't have that cool 5 on 4.5 pattern. It seems people go so far out of their way to save a pattern that won't let you use a real lock-out.
  11. C

Looking for modified crossmember ideas

Moved to "Shocks, Suspensions, and Lift Kits".
  12. C

SAS steering slop

Moved to Shocks, Suspension, and Lift Kits.
  13. C

steering

Moved to Offroad Drivelines.
  14. C

how to lift the front to sas

Moved to Shocks, Suspension, and Lift Kits.
  15. C

Dana 60 being installed under my 91

Re: Re: Re: Dana 60 being installed under my 91 I paid $50 for a rear D60. Add on $15 for spring perches and $10 for shock brackets and you are running. That said, it would be best to go ahead and replace all the brake hardware, so that will set you back a few hunderd more.
  16. C

Dana 60 being installed under my 91

A D60 front with an 8.8" rear? I ask, what is the point? That is like having the front of your house look incredible, but when you open the front door you realize there is nothing behind it. D60 rears are cheap and a dime a dozen. Save yourself the hassle of wasting money on an 8.8" and...
  17. C

Advance Adapters 700R4 Conversion Parts Available NOW!!!

I think the stock option was an NP241.
  18. C

Not sure on the computer. I will call them when we reopen and find out for sure. I think it would depend on if the computer needs the feedback from the tranny. If all the computer does is tell it how and when to shift, you shouldn't need a different one. If the computer gets feedback from...
  19. C

I am not sure, but I wouldn't think so since the shifting patterns and brackets are totally different.
  20. C

To my knowledge you need a TQ converter from a 700R4. The adapter ring is merely that small spacer that converts the pattern from the crank to the GM flexplate. 1) Floor shifter. Aftermarket for a 700R4 would probably be easier than anything else. They don't specify one way or the other...
  21. C

We've been waiting a long time for these parts and they are now available! That tired A4LD can be tossed aside for a much more reliable 700R4 GM transmission. With the lowest first gear out of all automatics and OD, it is the most sought after automatic transmission. From rock crawlers to...
  22. C

SAS made for Explorers. Interested?

Someone already makes a kit to SAS a coil sprung D30 under an Explorer. :D
  23. C

What manuel T-case for 2wd to 4wd SAS swap

Moved to Drivelines...
  24. C

Redsport- Dana 30, 302, Spring over

302 + D30 = KABOOM.
  25. C

RE Joints

Just so you know, I've got the jigs to do D35 C&T beams. If you want to send me the beams and arms I could hook you up. That would leave you to build the brackets. Lemme know, (502) 962-8141.
Back