Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer A/C Receiver/Drier 4.0L SOHC AC Airconditioning

Hey, y'all. I have not visited this site in many years but I received an email recently that Photobucket has changed their policies and no longer allows "hotlinking" of photos with a free account. Since I'm not paying for their crappy site, my photos are currently unavailable for y'all to view...
  2. N

How to: R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer A/C Compressor - 4.0L SOHC AC Airconditioning

Hey, y'all. I have not visited this site in many years but I received an email recently that Photobucket has changed their policies and no longer allows "hotlinking" of photos with a free account. Since I'm not paying for their crappy site, my photos are currently unavailable for y'all to view...
  3. N

R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer Front Chassis Components: Step-by-Step Balljoints Brakes Etc

4. N

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Hey, y'all. I have not visited this site in many years but I received an email recently that Photobucket has changed their policies and no longer allows "hotlinking" of photos with a free account. Since I'm not paying for their crappy site, my photos are currently unavailable for y'all to...
  5. N

wow Hey all! So....I haven't been on this forum in several years since I got rid of my '97 EB and went with a Grand Cherokee. I was browsing through my Photobucket site and deleting a bunch of old pics when I came across the ones used for this thread. On a whim, I decided to come back here...
  6. N

Strange Whining noise

Totally agree. You're are all over the place, here. Your mechanic thinks it's coming from the bellhousing, but your tranny guy thinks it's the catalytic converter? So the alternator (at the TOP of the engine) was replaced (twice?!), and so was your torque converter? Time for a new mechanic...
  7. N

New Brakes, Harder to stop

Also, we've always found that the less experienced folks tend to just throw the new rotors on without cleaning them up with brake cleaner. New rotors are shipped with a light coating of oil on them to prevent rusting and they need to be thoroughly cleaned/wiped down before the calipers are...
  8. N

Front shocks?

You might also check your power steering rack. I had the exact same inexplicable oil leak all over my nice new chassis components on my driver's side. I chased it down for a couple weeks without finding anything. Come to find out, it was a seal on the steering rack that was leaking and the...
  9. N

Lower control arm replacement?

Why remove the lower control arm? Typically there's nothing to be gained by doing that. You'll accomplish what you're looking to do by simply replacing the lower ball joints and the upper control arms w/integrated ball joints. If you do have to remove the lower control arms, don't forget...
  10. N

Aughtsix: The axle slips right into the back of the hub and the axle nut pulls everything together nice and tight. Schaaed: Congrats on doing your own work. To me, there's nothing better than having the satisfaction of repairing your own vehicle and saving some coin in the process. There...
  11. N

R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer Front Chassis Components: Step-by-Step Balljoints Brakes Etc

Agreed. You probably won't need to worry about the lower control arm. Just replace the ball joint and be done with it.
  12. N

Strange Whining noise

Spieg: Your mechanic is probably right that it's coming from your bellhousing. I experienced the same whining noise you're talking about two weeks ago and within a day my transmission was inoperable. My fluid is burnt to a crisp and I have no forward or reverse gears. I'm still diagnosing...
  13. N

Power Steering problem

Hey nocturnall! Just butting in to say sorry we never had a chance to meet before you split. We'll miss having you around up here in Manch-Vegas!!! Cheers, dude! :chug: Jeremy
  14. N

Upper ball joint removal questions

Here's the instructions you're looking for: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165352 Good Luck!!! :salute:
  15. N

Ball joint help

Click the link in my signature titled: How-To: Replacing Front Chassis Components for detailed instructions on this relatively easy procedure. Good luck! Jeremy
  16. N

What is this vacuum line?

Yup. Heater works. Although I'm in the middle of solving the typical high and off speeds only on the blower motor. But I doubt that's related. Thanks again! Jeremy
  17. N

e.a.t.c. blower

Got it. I was looking right at it the whole time. Thanks! Jeremy
  18. N

I'll check. It's getting dark here now and pretty cold to boot so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. What does the heater bypass valve do? Thank you for the reply! Jeremy
  19. N

Hi all, I was working on the truck recently when I noticed a vacuum connector with about six inches of tube laying on my crossmember. I need to know where the connector attaches to. The tube is a gray vacuum line about 1/8" in diameter and runs along side a similar black line under the...
  20. N

e.a.t.c. blower

Hi folks, Well, this problem just popped up on my Eddie Bauer. I have the E.A.T.C., so I was wondering if someone can tell me where the blower motor controller is located exactly? Seems like that's a good place to start based on what I've been reading. Thanks! Jeremy
  21. N

4x4 wont engage with remote start

Ha, that's funny; I thought my similar problem was unique. I bought my '97 EB with the remote starter already installed and noticed that every time I use it, the 4x4 and 4x4 LOW lights flash six times in succession every couple minutes. The system itself works fine otherwise, though. Must...
  22. N

lets talk, right upper ball joint arm

The changeover to the one-piece control arm is simple. Just purchase a set of alignment cams (two washers identical to the ones on the driver's side setup), put one on each bolt in place of the squared-off, five-sided "washers" and bolt the one-piece control arm in place. The stock bolts...
  23. N

Steel wheels in states that use salt question.

Hello from New Hampshire! LOTS of salt used up here.... I have a '97 Eddie Bauer with the 3-spoke (if you can call them spokes) chromed wheels. The steel portions of all four wheels are rusted pretty bad even though the outer chrome portion still shines up nicely. My left rear has...
  24. N

Wheel Bearing Problems???

If you decide to replace your bearing/hub assembly, this might help you: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165429 Good Luck! Jeremy
  25. N

Tranny Leak, Flashing O/D, y mucho mas!

Hi guys, Thanks for the suggestions. I tried disconnecting the battery two different times over the past couple days; once for about ten minutes as suggested and once for a couple hours. The MPG problem seems to have fixed itself, but I still have the flashing O/D light and the hard...
Back