Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Keyless entry stopped working?

I think I figured it out. I removed the drivers side door kick panel and realized a monkey has been working on it in the past and used those quick tap/wire tap garbage and a black white wire was broken. I attached it together using my fingers and it only unlocks. Once I fix the rest of them I...
  2. N

Keyless entry stopped working?

Hey guys. My 2000 Explorer Keyless entry stopped working. When I use the remote to unlock it the lights come on like its getting unlocked. When I lock it using the remote it acts like its locked and honks the horn. Not sure where to start looking. I replaced the known bad splice location in...
  3. N

For Sale Second Gen explorer front winch bumper

Curious as to how thick the plate is?
  4. N

1999 XLT - SAS Considerations?

If i were going to do a SAS and I had to keep it Ford and close to stock width I'd find a '76/'77 Dana 44 from a F150 and narrow the long side axle tube (~6") to early Bronco width. That way you can buy an early Bronco axle shaft. You can also narrow a '78/'79 axle but the wedges for the...
  5. N

Best year 5.0 Explorer to build?

Thanks! The front will most likely be an 05+ Super duty Dana 60. They are cheap and plentiful. I may go with a 99-04 Super duty D60 but they do have some smaller parts than the 05+. If i can find another obs Ford Dana 60 for cheap I'd go that route. Im definitely going 1 tons though. For...
  6. N

Thats good to know. I'll probably use a Sterling 10.5 from an '06 Superduty because i already have it.
  7. N

Picked up a 2000 Explorer Limted with a 5.0. I gotta say i didnt think i would like it but I love it. Im planning on driving it for awhile so i can collect parts.
  8. N

Thanks guys! I guess in the end it probably doesn't matter what I choose to run. I'm going to look at a 2000 Explorer this weekend. It has a bad transmission but its clean and has fairly low mileage for a decent price. Not sure if I want to rebuild this trans or swap it with a junkyard...
  9. N

Alright looks like I'm going to be buying a 5.0 Explorer for my trail rig build. After having a baby my Ranger is too small for 3 of us. I need something with more room. I want to stay in the RBV family and I love the fact you can buy an Explorer with a 5.0 v8 so that's what I'm going with...
  10. N

Explorer rear driveshaft lengths?

I measured my stock shaft from the axle flange to the center of the u-joint cap on the transfer case yoke (yes I am converting to a flange) I can actually just go on ebay and look through listings and find where people put the lengths.
  11. N

I guess no one here uses a driveshaft? I wasted my time at the junkyard today. They had two driveshafts. They were both 46" compressed. The splines were different on the shafts though. One was missing the end flange piece and the other one I could not get off with my 1/2" wrench. I am...
  12. N

I was trying to avoid the junk yard. I have a yoke style end on t-case and i want a shaft with bigger u-joints. I could pull my yoke off and count the splines and go to the yard and spend hours looking for the right flange and drive shaft and still get the wrong one. I am assuming the t-case's...
  13. N

I honestly have no idea the differences between 2wd and 4wd. I'm guessing 2wd slips into the transmission and a 4wd is flange to flange style. I need a one piece driveshaft. I am trying to convert my 86 Ranger 4wd to a bigger explorer driveshaft. Right now the length at ride height is 46"...
  14. N

I hope this is the right spot to post this...but I need to know the lengths of a 4dr and a 2dr explorer rear driveshaft. I don't have an explorer but I was hoping I didn't have to make a trip to the junkyard. If you give me a measurement please tell me if its compressed or what not...
  15. N

Cutting out/chugging

I sold the ranger so I have no idea what the problem was. Although I did buy an '86 2.3l 4x4 Ranger that I'm doing a SAS on and turbo.:) Although this was my first truck and for some reason I liked it so much...it was junk. The wires were coming apart. All the electronics were crap. I hope...
  16. N

Cutting out/chugging

no help?
  17. N

87 2.9 Cranks But No Spark

Also, I would check under the cap. Make sure the distributor isn't in pieces. I had a friend break his distributor on his 89. I would definitely check the plugs, they are a year old you know. Good luck
  18. N

87 2.9 Cranks But No Spark

When it doesn't start do the fuel pumps kick on? I had a similar problem. I would drive normally and all of a sudden die. The pumps wouldn't kick on. Then, I would wait like 5 minutes and it would work fine. Turns out a ground in between all the wire loom was barely attached. Good luck
  19. N

Cutting out/chugging

Both filters are new. And I tried 2 of my new relays and didn't help. I was told the egr, but I don't know how to test it. Thanks
  20. N

Cutting out/chugging

Already tried that. Bought a new one and made no difference. What else? I have a bunch of codes?
  21. N

Cutting out/chugging

The vacuum line on the regulator is NOT full of gas. So, I am assuming it works fine. Not sure if a fuel pressure regulator could randomly cut out. What else....any suggestions?
  22. N

Cutting out/chugging

Any suggestions?
  23. N

Cutting out/chugging

Any suggestions?
  24. N

Cutting out/chugging

Exhaust is black, and I think I am getting poor gas mileage. I took the vacuum line off of the fpr and no fuel. Could it still be? Thanks
  25. N

Cutting out/chugging

No, at least I haven't seen any. No, it feels o.k. I don't know about the fuel since I only drive it 4 miles a day. I would say it is about close. I will check the butterfly. I did remove the IAC and cleaned it. I unplugged it while it was running and did NOT make a difference. I am SURE...
Back