Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Stripped Oil Plug

I've had the Dealer change my oil since new because they kept sending me coupons for $15 oil changes.One oil change they striped the threads and replaced the pan for free.When I looked at the threads on the pan they were plastic and the nut which held the plug had split in half.The pan was...
  2. K

Help with Keyless Entry System

Try Carfax.com.It will cost you $20 if you enter your vin # it will give you a full report.Or do a Google search for " auto vin search ".Or ask the GM to do it for you at no charge.I think he might be pulling your leg.
  3. K

O/D switch stopped working

I had to do what Xzibit A wrote, and replace the shift handle.
  4. K

Bad gas mileage

If you have over drive check to see if its working.
  5. K

1999 4.0 engine tapping

Mako try doing a search on TSB00M12 it might give you some direction
  6. K

Trans Range Sen vs.O/D switch not working

After looking at Glacier's valve body diary...which was impressive...I think its safe to say that the TRS replacement wouldn't effect the overdrive causing it not to work.I didn't see any fuse location for the O/D in the owners manual. Its been over 25 years since I got paid to fix cars and...
  7. K

Do you think the dealer could have affected the over drive while doing the TRS?
  8. K

I had my TRS replaced a few weeks back by the dealer.I noticed that the Over Drive button won't turn the O/D on or off.My question is could there have been anything the machanic might have done on accident to disable the O/D.I will be going back on Monday to have them fix the selector because...
  9. K

wont idle steadily.. tries to die

A while back someone posted a link to Auto Zone's web site which tells how to test a IAC with an ohm meter.Off the top of my head if it shows 5 to 7 ohms during the test the IAC is good.Best you look it up yourself for the details.
  10. K

Check Engine Light: P0171 & P0174

I am having the same problem with the hard start up while cold.I replaced the IAC myself and cleared the codes.Code 171&174 keeps returning.Not much help with the idle when cold just a little better.The TSB 00m12 has my interest.My 99 4.0 SOHC has 42K on it and it just turner 6 years 20 days...
  11. K

back up lights and blown fuses

Ouch is right....they put R&R and diagnose as $200.But when I spoke with the Ford mechanic he said the TRS goes out often so after looking at this form it sounded like it was the problem.I guess next is to start looking into why the audio panel blanks out intermittently.I rember reading about a...
  12. K

back up lights and blown fuses

I had the same problem.I even pulled back up bulbs and fuse 27 still blew.I ended up taking my 99 Exp. to the dealer and they replaced the Transmission Range Sensor.$76.00 for the part,$200 for labor.
Back