Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

seat swap from seat with air bags to those without and the annoying air bag light

Thanks, but i believe the issue is more having to do with the fact that I have new seats without side airbags and the old seats had them. I need to fool the computer into thinking I still have the side airbags. It must read a different resistance than the stock resistors bring.
  2. J

Change seats. Airbag warning light??

I've got this same problem after switching from 99 seats with side airbags to 01 sport seats without. The resistor is there on the 01 sport seats, but does nothing for the airbag light. The yellow plug that was on the 99 seats was not a resistor, but had wires running up to the airbag.
  3. J

seat swap from seat with air bags to those without and the annoying air bag light

Bump. Went and picked up some resistors in the junkyard off of a 99 4 door without seat airbags and plugged those in, but I still get the airbag light, so this was not what I needed.
  4. J

1999 ford explorer Eddie Bauer with leather seats with the air bags near the headrest. Seats are worn out and i always loved the seats in my sport trac so I went and found some front cloth seats from an 01 sport. The swap was easy and took no time. Maybe 2 hours. The sport seats even had the...
  5. J

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

Bringing this up from the dead. What's the story on the brackets? I've done some little searching and I want to do this but no brackets? Looking for someone in the know......Thanks!
  6. J

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Cool, thanks! I didn't look underneath the truck becasuse I was not wanting to get too dirty to check the tag, But I've seen a couple of these f250 LD's recently and they both had a manual shift transfer case. I'm going to go back and hopfully, they'll still have it.
  7. J

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Question? I recently was at the UPAP, and found a 98 "light duty" f250. I knew these existed but have never seen one. It looked just like an f150 body of the same year. pretty cool, anyhow, it had the 5.4 and a manual shift transfer case with complete linkage, boot, knob, etc. Anyone know if...
  8. J

Need help. Just failed emissions because of evap problem(Colorado)

So strange, No code was ever generated or the gas cap light but this did end up being a faulty gas cap. Passed emissions last week without a problem!
  9. J

Thanks Tbars, I found that and I've been reading here and there as I get time. Lot's of info there. I talked to the emissions test center supervisor and she seemed to think that what happend was I passed the fact that I had a gas cap in place and she thought the actual gas cap failed the test...
  10. J

As some of you know, I wrecked my sport trac. I now have a 1999 Explorer with the 5.0. I went to get it emission tested this morning so I could register and It failed! Fuel cap portion of the test passed so I don't think that is it. No check engine light on, and I went ahead and had codes...
  11. J

Lil Bo Peeps 2002 Sport trac.-Goldie (finally a registry)

Yep, picked it up tonight. 99 Eddie Bauer. It's loaded! Love it so far. We'll see what it looks like in the morning. I test drove it and bought in the dark. Runs great. He had a stack about an inch think of maintenance records. He followed and crossed every line in the maintenance manual! It...
  12. J

Lil Bo Peeps 2002 Sport trac.-Goldie (finally a registry)

I would love to find another sport trac, but I am not going back into payments at this time and I have limited funds to be able to do that. I'm looking at a 1999 EB explorer with the 5.0. I had one before like that and it's such a better drivetrain than the 4.0 sohc and 5r55e goes. I wasn't that...
  13. J

Possibly totaled the sport trac Thursday(pics)

I agree with you and I'll tell you where the truck is if your intersted? But with 2 little kids at home and 2 jobs, I'm not interested or do I have the time to do that work. Besides, I wasn't all that impressed with the 4.0 sohc(timing chain) and the 5r55e(1-2 shift flare) The 5.0 with 4r70w is...
  14. J

They totaled it. After insurance pays my vehicle off, I'll get about $2000 back, and I'm not looking to get back into payments. I found a 1999 EB explorer with the 5.0 and It looks like I'll be purchasing that. New thread with pics is sure to follow.
  15. J

I am Fine. I saw the truck, turned the wheel and DUCKED! The police asked If I had it lifted which I do and they said that probably saved my life. Any lower and any faster speed, I would have been a goner. Any plans if they total it? No. I don't have a clue yet. Meantime, I take the bus to work...
  16. J

I'll let you know for sure about that hubcap. I'm just hoping insurance won't rake me.
  17. J

Switching lanes on a one way street, looking over my shoulder to check my blind spots and the delivery truck in front of me hit his brakes because in his own words, "the parked car up ahead looked like it was going to pull out in front of me." When I looked back around there he was, and I...
  18. J

New Ford Parts --- FastPartsNetwork request and answer thread by tcmcphail

Looking for price Motorcraft # KCV - 190 NEW Ford # 4L5Z - 6758 - HA OR OLD Ford # 4L5E - 6K817 - HA Not sure difference of "new" or "old" though.
  19. J

'97 AWD transfer case makes a banging noise.

Hmm. Yours is a 5.0 or a 4.0? Rebuilding the front drive shaft won't hurt either way. I'd check out the rear drive shaft too. Can you "feel" the banging sound under your feet when it happens? Around the location of the transfer case area? That kit you posted should be fine. Mine was a '96 5.0...
  20. J

'97 AWD transfer case makes a banging noise.

does it happen only on acceleration? I had the same problem that happened only under acceleration and when I removed the shaft, it looked good, I replaced it and it ultimately ended up being the transfer case. I replaced the transfer case with a used one and I was good to go. I suspected the...
  21. J

2002 explorer - 4x4 control module replacement

Check behind the passenger side front kickpanel.
  22. J

Remove Side Trim

That's a good tip right there with the air freshener. THANKS!
Back