Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Westin Bull Bar and front license plate?

heres my westin bull bar.... I also just had to rasie up the licence plate and just screwed it into the bumper.. turned out great
  2. 0

Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer First Car ? Any Advice ?

how do you know your a cautious driver?? Your only 15 years old! You are among many of the worst and dangerous drivers out there on the roads becuase of your age. We were all 15 at one point, we know how it was. You are by no means a safe driver and no one plans on ever getting into an...
  3. 0

Painting Plastic Trims, how did they hold up

I didn't paint mine, I just replaced them.. less then an hour I had all 6 trims replaced, 4 on the doors and the 2 on the rear hatch. why would you paint them they don't cost much to replace those plastic trims
  4. 0

Mounty Mods?

you can really make it stand out with a Bull Bar that not many Mountaineers have... heres mine.. I love it!
  5. 0

Bought one UPDATE:Pix added

by the way, extreamly nice Mounty... heres my Mounty Permire as well!..
  6. 0

Bought one UPDATE:Pix added

nope... I have an 2002 mercury mountaineer V8 awd as well and my engine has the big old V8 on it too like this one... they all do from 2002-present if you have the V8
  7. 0

02 mountaineer, stock subwoofer is making all sorts of feedback noise??? HELP!

Hey everyone, I got a puzzle hear i need to get figured out if you can help me... this is bugging the crap out of me... I have the stock subwoofer in my 02 mountaineer. 6 out of 10 times as I'm driving with the music on, the subwoofer will make all sorts of low gargaling sounds as I'm...
  8. 0

Explorer/Mountaineer or Hummer H3

Id like to see a Pull off between a 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer and the H3's Kinda curious to see how stroung our powertrains are
  9. 0

Reliablity of 3rd gen Explorers? (02-05) questionable?

Im going on 176,000 miles on my 02 Mountaineer AWD V8 right now! I needed to replace all 4 wheel bearings 2 times, and a little bit of rear and and tranny repairs, but for this many miles, the truck runs and looks like its in show room condition! Ford makes the best trucks I believe, they...
  10. 0

16 12"s in the Mounty

Thats ghetto.... what a waste of time and money
  11. 0

Possible? Unlock all doors in Park?

its not that hard just to hit the Unlock button on your door. as far as I know, you can't change the way it is.
  12. 0

Anyone Familiar with AutoXtreme?

I have a Westin Bull bar on my 02 Mountaineer. Its black poweder coat, and I have to replace it once every 1 1/2 years. It rusts very very fast. Westin told me they will only replace the bar if rust holes are there, which is not, just very large bubbles of rust. Although, the bars...
  13. 0

Installed CAI, and now check engine light is on?

Hello! I installed myself a K&N cold air intake on my 02 mountaineer 4.6. I drove around for a day and it was perfact, the second day I get in and drive, the check engine light is on. Took it up to auto zone and read the code, the code read P1400 it says "ECM detected the EGR...
  14. 0

2003 Mounty Mods...

heres a picture i took last winter when i had the lights on it turned on, so if anyone is also interested in the KC driving lights for the bar, heres what they look like turned on....
  15. 0

2003 Mounty Mods...

wrong! the mountaineers do not have the cut outs already in there bumpers like the Explorers have. For mountaineer owners we have to make the holes. I don't have a closer pic of the holes I had to make but it turned out pretty good, just scary cutting into the bumper knowing if i messed...
  16. 0

2003 Mounty Mods...

Thats a westin Bull bar. The lights are KC driving lights. They really light up the road at night! Only bad thing about Mountaineers when putting the bull bar on is that you havr to cut into your bumper and make holes for the bull bar to attach to the frame! On Explorers the holes are...
  17. 0

Bent spark plug electrodes ? :-( !!!!!!!!!!

you think you have problems now? wait a little bit until those Bosch Platinums you put in there heat up some! Thats asking for trouble. a couple years ago i brought Bosch Platinums for my 02 mountaineer... talk about having a rough engine! Those things would fail on me all the time! I...
  18. 0

2003 Mounty Mods...

what about something like i did to my front end?
  19. 0

KKM intake Kit on '03 4.6L

I wouldn't really go with a KKM at all. If you get a cold air intake, at least get one that will do the job right and will not hurt your engine. 2 weeks ago I just got a K&N CAI for my 02 Mountaineer V8 and what a world of difference in power and I also gained 2 more miles a gallon!:D
  20. 0

Intermittent squeak, driving me crazy!

I'm not sure why the compressor makes that squeak when the AC is on. I took mine to the dealers when I first brought my Mountaineer becuase of this squeaking, and they told me it was normal. So I paid attention to other Explorers on the road when I know they had there AC on, and sure enough...
  21. 0

Intermittent squeak, driving me crazy!

I'm just taking a wild guess, but do you have ur AC on at the time of this squeak? If so, its the air compresser, mine does it as well. If there is no AC on, then I'm at a loss right now? Not really sure at this point then.
  22. 0

Advise for towing a car behind my 02 Mountaineer?

Well, I took the 14 hour trip up there and pulled this car all the way back 7 straight hours with no problems! The car hooked up to my hitch perfact! I averaged about 15mpg towing this car, so it dropped from 20.5 when I'm nto towing anything. heres the pics of it...
  23. 0

More issues with the new to me 03 Mounty :sigh:

I had my 02 Mountaineer now for 3 years. Its a V-8 AWD..... The computer tells me I average 20.5mpg mostly all highway driving though sine I travel 120 miles a day though, but 20.5mpg for a midsize suv is great! as for ur door ajar light. Thats not big deal fix. Spray all door latches...
  24. 0

Advise for towing a car behind my 02 Mountaineer?

Hey guys! I've had my 02 V-8 Mountaineer for about 3 years now so far, just have never towed with it before. I do not have the towing package, just the factory hitch that is 1 1/4 size. I think good for 3,500 pounds or so is it?? A freind of mine brought a V.W Thing (car) and I am...
  25. 0

Towing with '03 eb

I have an 02 Mountaineer V8 class ll Hitch. Towed over 7,000 pounds over 300 miles with no problem at all. I wouldn't be scared to do it again, the truck did great and had more then enough power to pull and stop the truck when needed. Actually, this Mountaineer pulled 7K better then my 04...
Back