Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. TNR

help with sensor identification. *URGENT*

Reset the computer... Thing runs perfectly again, no throttle stick, or hesitation! Thanks!
  2. TNR

help with sensor identification. *URGENT*

2000 ford 4.0 SHOC Replaced sensor on block (IAC?) Did plugs and wires.. truck starts, but idles around 2500 - 3000. Can someone please identify what the sensors are along the intake air hose? I know the MAS But further down the line there is a small sensor with a little slotted dial...
  3. TNR

Can't sell the X!!

Then buy mine :-)
  4. TNR

I Need Help

I wonder if he's saying "milled" or "bled" could go either way with that typo.. and it would change the diagnoisis a tad.. If he bled them incorrectly, he could have put air into the lines, hence the strange pedal action.. Combine that with a bad slidepin install and you could have a pad...
  5. TNR

kbabiak: Great vendor

kbabiak Fast ship! Excellent transaction, the only problem is, now the center caps look so good, my rust looks way worse. :D Thanks!
  6. TNR

Comment by 'TNR' in media ''

Rick, did you ever try those ceramic beads instead of weights?
  7. TNR

Comment by 'TNR' in media ''

Thats it pumpkin, roll over.. roll over.. good boy, lemme scratch ur belly.. goooood boy.. ;-)
  8. TNR

Comment by 'TNR' in media 'tweeter'

You know, I was looking at that lil speak and thinking.. has anyone ever put remote speaker controls in the main drivers panel there? That'd be a kickass mod.
  9. TNR

TCASE/TRANNY Fluid Drain Help?

Can someone advise me how to properly drain the tranny and transfer case? .. Honestly, I know how to do the tranny, but I think someone ####ed up my transfer case. It smells like a mix of mercon and gear oil, and since it was checked, my 4wd is acting funky. However, I can't find a drain...
  10. TNR

'93 Sport - Won't Shift in 4-wheel. Lots of Snow!

here's a neat trick. Go to the junkyard, find a pair of warn manual hubs for your sploder (if you have ones that require the spacers/etc remove these too) Then package up the just the hubs and send them off to warn, and tell them "I was driving in the snow and they just stopped working" A...
  11. TNR

Bad front ujoints.

Update: On the squeak issue. I got the sploder on a lift for awhile and dug around with it idling in 4wd. After nearly losing a few fingers, I found that the front end propeller shaft has a rubber boot on it, when I pulled back the boot, I found it to be a shaft that slides apart and...
  12. TNR

Elec. windows work ONLY from master panel

Can you clarify what you mean by "tried the lock" button? Like any other push on push off switch, it can click but still not make contact (or release), did you try testing for continuity across the switch in the on/off positions?
  13. TNR

For all those considering Radius Arm bushing replacement..

Vanquish had a good idea, and if you can get the truck high enough to apply pressure to the tranny, do so. If you push upward on it, you should visibly see it move, and if you're looking at the mount, you'll see the two peices come together. If all is well, you really shouldn't be able to move...
  14. TNR

Yeah, that would be a sure sign. LOL But while you're under there, take a look at that tranny mount. The rubber rips apart and you can usually see the two metal peices making contact.
  15. TNR

I'll take some tonight.
  16. TNR

No, I had no clunking sound upon startup, I had clunks here: 1> when hitting deep potholes that caused lateral movement of the front tires 2> hitting multiple potholes in a row (every street in new britain basically :D ) 3> stopping hard 4> accellerating hard 5> loading the front end then...
  17. TNR

racinjason68

Excellent transaction! Wonderful to deal with, answered my questions in a timely manner, everything as described, thanks racinjason68!
  18. TNR

What the hell is...?

Oh.. lol I was hoping someone could suggest something I could actually find and buy. I tried the contact cleaner, made no diff. SO.... Absolut? Seafoam? Y/N on those two??
  19. TNR

What the hell is...?

PGA?
  20. TNR

Replacing gauge lights...

You dont have to take the gauges off the panel, just untwist the light caps on the back of the cluster.
  21. TNR

Ack!!!

yes it is, and... what do you mean by strange coincidence? Perhaps Im destined to be stuck on stupid on this board. :D
  22. TNR

Ack!!!

Poifect! I recently replaced the coil, thanks to sn0boarder sending me the package of parts. It starts and idles normally (well, still at ~1500 rpm with a sputter here and there) but, it idles on its own once again! Thanks to all for your advice!! Im going to be working on the various...
  23. TNR

Bad front ujoints.

An update, I got them replaced (since I dont have a lift atm) but something is still squeaking on each revolution. Only when the hubs are locked. Mind you, this "squeaking" is not nearly as bad as before. Now its only during slowing down when Im about to stop, and its intermittent. Do you...
  24. TNR

What the hell is...?

410, I did some digging into the wirelooms around that area and did find a connector, perhaps thats the one.... If it is, should I find a MAP unit right away, or is it not that critical?
  25. TNR

What the hell is...?

Will seafoam work? For cleaning the MAS?
Back