Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. TNR

help with sensor identification. *URGENT*

2000 ford 4.0 SHOC Replaced sensor on block (IAC?) Did plugs and wires.. truck starts, but idles around 2500 - 3000. Can someone please identify what the sensors are along the intake air hose? I know the MAS But further down the line there is a small sensor with a little slotted dial...
  2. TNR

kbabiak: Great vendor

kbabiak Fast ship! Excellent transaction, the only problem is, now the center caps look so good, my rust looks way worse. :D Thanks!
  3. TNR

TCASE/TRANNY Fluid Drain Help?

Can someone advise me how to properly drain the tranny and transfer case? .. Honestly, I know how to do the tranny, but I think someone ####ed up my transfer case. It smells like a mix of mercon and gear oil, and since it was checked, my 4wd is acting funky. However, I can't find a drain...
  4. TNR

racinjason68

Excellent transaction! Wonderful to deal with, answered my questions in a timely manner, everything as described, thanks racinjason68!
  5. TNR

sn0border88

Excellent guy, took the time to get the parts I needed properly w/o breaking anything, wonderfully agreed to work on two payments in respect for my budget. Will be buying more from him :-) Thanks sn0border88!
  6. TNR

For all those considering Radius Arm bushing replacement..

If you're feeling a clunk on braking or deep potholes, be sure to check your lower transmission mount!!! I was damn sure I needed RAB's, but after checking them, 5 hours, even when they were just bolted in, I found out they were fine. save yourself some time and check this first, I found out...
  7. TNR

What the hell is...?

What the hell is this? Anyone know?? :banghead: Here's the rundown, it starts in the first pic.. looks like a vac line. The goes across the engine bay, thru the same foam retainer as the wiper wash lines (if they were there anyway) and to a 3 way junction (2nd pic) the 3rd pic is a blurry...
  8. TNR

Ack!!!

Ok, so this is not a "my truck is hanging upside down off a highway overpass and Its leaking searing hot motor oil on my hootus" ;) type emergency, but as much as I rely on my 'sploder now, it's pretty critical.. Today I got done replacing all the plugs and wires and the air filter on my 91...
  9. TNR

Bad front ujoints.

My front Ujoints on the axles are going bad.. When I first lock the hubs, they are quiet, but then after awhile driving, in 4x or not, they start to squeak each revolution. Im assuming this means they are just starting to go out.. so let me ask you this, on these first gen 'sploders, what would...
  10. TNR

4x4 Slip?

Ok all, got a new one.. maybe its normal. Just want to find out. After I got the hub situation straigtened out, things seem to be going fine. Only one little bug up the ass.. could be me still getting accustomed to sounds/feel of 4wd... Here it is.. when I was driving on very slippery...
  11. TNR

Gear ratios?

Sorry, yeah, Im sick with some flu type cold right now and not thinkin straight. Let me turn my brain on.. yes, 235/75 R15, 5 Speed... I checked a few diff speeds on the highway this eve, at 65mph, it's around 2894rpm. But there seems to be very little difference between 60-65 when it...
  12. TNR

Going insane! WARN manual hubs.

So I finally get sick of automatic hubs. I buy a set of warn manuals, and the spindle adaptor and toss em on. Tonight it was all ice outside, so I twist the switches, and off I go.. 4wd and all. When I get back into town, I notice my truck isn't pulling properly. I look at the switch and that...
  13. TNR

91XLT 4x4 Problem .. Switch/Indicators?

Hello everyone.. I have a 1991 XLT, 160k miles. Just recently, I had the front tires replaced. I took time to look at the hubs while they had them off, they looked clean, no chips, missing teeth etc.. but ever since they did them, my LOW RANGE light has been dimly lit up and there is more...
Back