Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Headlights on a 2004 (i guess 2002-2005)

I needed a new headlight and imported it from the US, (to Australia), but there is no globe for the parking light (small tiny globe in out headlights). Can someone tell me, when you turn on the headlights (just 1 notch), what front lights turn on, on the US model? Its not model related...
  2. R

4.6L fuel injector difference

Does anybody know why ford changed the fuel injector used from 2002 to the new part used in the 2004, 2005 year model from the yellow tip gb-822-11172 to the white tip gb-822-11189. The white part number is also known as 4L3E-B4C The white tip is what my 2004 has, and its listed as "premier" -...
  3. R

2004 2v 4.6 V8 spark plug replacement

Today i replaced the plugs on my 2004 2v 4.6 Explorer, after researching this forum i mustered up the courage and went for it. Things worthy of note: The vehicle had 105K on the clock. The job was very easy, there was nothing tricky at all and each plug took about 5 to 10 mins, only...
  4. R

Where is the obd2 port on a 2004 4.6 v8

Its not under the steering wheel (at least i cant see it). Also ther is now pull out piece of plastic (like in the 98 v6). Ps... I have searched Thanks -Ralph
  5. R

poor FOB key range

I have < 10 feet range with both my old and new key's and a new key battery makes no difference. 98 sohv v6 4*4. Does anybody know where the aerial is or how the system works. Before anyone says... i do not have anything plugged into any electrical outlets or other ports.
  6. R

Does HID cause headlight lens death?

I have heard that the UV radiation put out by the HIDs will cause the polymer lens to cloud up. How many hours would that take? Is there any way to avoid it? Glass wouldn’t have this issue - but we don’t have glass - we have cheap polymer, thanks ford! Has this happened to anyone?
  7. R

SOHC Complete Timing (Front + Rear) Chains + guids + tensioners etc

Click the following link to open the page. http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhq242v8_4hm6cgp A direct ink to the new Pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/mcknight.r/1998ExplorerSOHCTimingProcedurePics Please give feedback - as this took a lot of work!
  8. R

blend door help/question

1998 XLT i have slight amount of heat (ie door is not completely shut), but heat/cool air control seems to do nothing. Just like the "Blend door fix". i have pulled the actuator (white box out) and looked at it whilst turning controls and see no movement in lever. I have wired directly to 6...
  9. R

SOHC Front Cam Tensioner Fix 00M12

I have 1998 SOHC 4*4 Explorer 4 door. There is a lot of info on this already but here in another way. I have just done the Front Cam Tensioner to fix the timing chain rattle on startup and thought this may be of some use to others, here it goes: 1) Remove plastic splash cover (4 screws) 2)...
Back