Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

window vent shades

Ventvisor no longer makes the outside mount ones. I sell there brand at the auto parts store I work at. They list them but if you read the footnotes in the catalog it tell you the ones they list in the "outside mounts" section are actually "in channel" mounts.
  2. E

window vent shades

I tried the search and had no luck. I am looking for a brand that makes the window vent shades that are not "in channel" design. I want the style that fastens on the outside to the body. I have had these on my 96 I used to have and now want that type for the 94 I have now but have been unable to...
  3. E

4X4 doesn't work on '91

Ok I have done these test and the module passed them. I will get under it tomorrow and remove the motor and check it. But I have a question. My lights keep coming on and going out when I start it. Sometimes it will show 4WD only sometimes it will say lo range also. Sometimes nothing. I know...
  4. E

Cruise button Illumination

I have found the bulb number in this link does not fit my 1996 XLT.
  5. E

Front End Drive Shaft

Along these same lines. What is everyones thought about removing the rear shaft and driving only on the front. Is it possible and will it hurt something? I need to tow mine, it's a 96 4wd, with my motor home about 500 miles and then drive it for a week around town and then tow it back home...
  6. E

Chime location

bump
  7. E

Power window switch light?

Thanks for the info. Thats the kind of answers I was looking for. I have fixed the cruise switches and headlight switch but as bad, as I would like them to work, I will wait untill I have a spare before I try the window switch. Thanks Ed
  8. E

Power window switch light?

My 1996 switches on the drivers door do not light. I suppose that they are supposed to because all the other doors do. I took the panel out and see no bulbs that can be replaced. My question is how do you replace if it is possible. And does the pannel dimmer thumb wheel on the dash light up .And...
  9. E

Chime location

Can you elaborate on this. I would like to get rid of the chimes but still want the other stuff to work. I allready tried just unplugging it and that don't get it. bump
  10. E

Interior lights, Dash,door controls

Thanks for all the info. I figured they could be replaced just had not tried to do it yet. Now if you could just make my reverse work a little quicker. lol
  11. E

Interior lights, Dash,door controls

I have a 96 XLT I just bought and have lights out in drivers door window controls, the headlight and dome light control, and now my question. Is there any lights in the turn signal switch, wiper control, lever that are supposed to glow. I also have the left cruise control switches lights out. I...
Back