Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Heater fan noise on #4 setting?

My Dad asked where he could find some info on his blower motor on the web without paying for a subscription to a site . . . He has an 93 F250 Diesel, I think this may be part of the issue, but I cannot remember if any of the lower settings work. Mice sounds like a very reasonable reason for...
  2. I

Midwest winters

either should work, your bumper or your your frame, althought if it is stuck bad enough you are running the possibility of bending your bumper a bit. your best bet would be to hook it up to a drop hitch. I have pulled a few vehicles out with my X, most of the time I hook the chain up to the frame
  3. I

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Duke16, grab the top and bottom of the wheel when its off the ground and push/pull it, if it moves your ball joints may need to be replaced, I just replaced mine and it has helped tremendously (and I could actually get an alignment) Now all I have to do is replace the shocks possibly replaces...
  4. I

college budget, keeping my X or getting an import

:thumbdwn: Celica (Girly car). So what? you don't like the pink and purples flowers, and beads hanging from the mirror? they always seemed to get put back on it after I took them off. I did put a for sale sign in the front window of my X (and then park it in the close to the garage door...
  5. I

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

This thread is going to help me out a lot. My alignment is way off and I just took it in to Big O to get it done, I also told them that the ball joints were going bad and not sure if they needed replaced yet or not. The guy said that they couldn't do the alignment because the lowers were so bad...
  6. I

OK, so I have decided what I am going to do... :) I am going to mod the Celica a little and start fixing up my X for some fun. I also still have the '67 Chevy Stepside that will be going over to a friends soon to start working on it (want to turn it into a show truck) Those are my current plans...
  7. I

Ok, so I am a little behind with school, I should have it all caught up by next month though. For the ball joints on my X, what kind would work the best? I will be using the car primarily around town and want to start getting my X set up for more 4X'in and advice or help would be great. Brian
  8. I

I found a car that will get me around for the time being!! :) It is a 92 toyota celica for about 2 grand or so. I know the owner and just brought it up today and drove it for a while. It runs good but needs some cosmetic work done on the front from when it was backed into. My insurance will go...
  9. I

It is off periodically, but always comes on, over the past few days it may have been off for the first few minutes driving. I should have time on Saturday to go in and check it again to see if I can pull a code. 1 final done, 2 more to go, then I get a whole week off!!
  10. I

no, I never could get it to actually pull any at the other places, at shucks all I tried to do was reset it. I could go and check again, see if anything is different.
  11. I

95 Explorer On 22's

not that much of a fan of dropping 4X's but the way you have yours set up it will look really good when its done. I don't think that I will ever be able to drop one because I go off too many curbs, and like to go out to much, thing about being raised in the mountains, dirt roads and snow, not...
  12. I

:( So my parents want me to get a car... but thats because I told them I am getting a bike, it will fit in the driveway with my 94 Explorer.;) anyways yesterday I went and picked up my '67 Chevy Stepside from my parents and stuck it in the garage so that I can rebuilding it. To get it here I...
  13. I

94 Explorer with Starting Problems

When my fuel pump went out I could barely get my X to run I had my dad tow me to a friends house and a few days later tried to drive it to the shop, it died completely after a couple of miles and I called a tow to get it the rest of the way there. How full do you keep the tank? if it is...
  14. I

Synthetic oil worth it?

I worked in a lube shop in Wyoming for about 3 years. One of the popular oils that we carried was Amsoil, I am currently using the 7500 and change my oil every 6k or so. With the 15000 mile oil the local amsoil dealer suggested getting a "filter spin" every 7500 miles (change just the oil...
  15. I

gas milage

I got my '94 about 4 years ago with 103K on it. We took a few trips to Montana and it was getting 20MPG. Now its getting 14 to 15. I just had the fuel pump replaced last summer and it went up to 17 for a while. I just got new plugs,wires and 02 sensors (the Check Engine light has been on for the...
  16. I

Front & rear differential fluids

I run Amsoil in both diffs, the tranny, and engine oil. the previous owner had the tranny done at 95k and the front diff done. I had the front and t-case re-done and the back change twice, that was at about 103k. It now has 175k should I do them again? the back is starting to look dirty, and the...
  17. I

Crazy Idle / Stall / Check Engine / Check Battery / Check Gauges!

IAC? won't run I have been having problems with my idle and was told that it was more than likely the IAC on this thread, and also by a mechanic that I talked to in Wyoming. Other than the weird idle the only other thing that I had noticed was the check engine light and a decrease in gas...
  18. I

wheres the IAC I stopped by the sealership today and asked where the IAC was, they printed me a page from fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com I'll find how bad the IAC is tonight or in the morninmaybe I can explain where it is after I find it
  19. I

installed new front shocks, but now....

I've been having those that problem for over 5 months and thought that it was just cheap shocks, can't quite afford Ranco's yet, will this be a threat to any other parts in the front end if I can't get it done until the spring?(right now I have to drive 40-60 miles a day to not quite pay my bills)
  20. I

I am driving a 94 explorer and am having an idling problem, check engine light, and a drop of 5-7 MPG in the last two months. A friend in Wyoming said its probably the IAC, but I don't know where that is, can clean it ordo I have to replace it?
Back