Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2016 Driver Side Heated Seat

Yes, you may be right. I just wonder if it could be a controller of some type. Some sights say there is a controller for the cars with heated seats and no cooling. I researched possible controllers but was told there is not one in my model. What a headache. Thanks
  2. B

Sorry for the extreme delay, I need to set up email notifications. The part number was FB5Z-14D696-A. As an update I hooked up forscan to my car and code B1034 came up, Left Front Seat Element - Circuit short to battery or Open. I bought another element and plugged it in, it did not work...
  3. B

Thanks for the information. I went to my local Ford dealer and told them the situation with the element. I had a friend with forscan hook up to my Explorer and it said the code was B1034, “Curcuit Short to Battery or Open”. So after all the testing I have done, knowing I have 12v going to the...
  4. B

Thanks for your help, I will continue to try and figure it out. From your experience what are the chances the new element and/or sensor is defective ? I paid a auto upholstery shop to replace the element for me. I assume I have no recourse with the dealership parts dept. unless I buy another...
  5. B

Sorry, one more thing. Could you please send the wiring diagram in a different format, maybe a pdf or something. I can’t enlarge it to see the wire colors, etc. Thank you
  6. B

Thank you very much for your help and the diagram, I appreciate it. We checked the four wires going to the element and they have 12+ volts going to them. I guess I am hopeful the new heating element from ford does not have broken circuits in it. Do you know if the thermocouple / temp...
  7. B

I am having a problem with my driver side 2016 also. I had the element and cushion replaced in 2019 under warranty. The seat stopped heating again, I am getting 12v at the plug under the driver side seat. I have only heated seats and not cooled. No longer is the heater element attached to the...
  8. B

2016 Front Parking Lights

Hello, Trying to tap into front parking lights to add grill lights. Does anyone know where I can access the LED side marker lights and what color and PIN number they may be. Thank you very much
  9. B

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

For an update I contacted JDM ASAR, they were very helpful, I told them I liked the fog lights but wished they were as bright or brighter than the factory sylvania bulbs. They suggested these bulbs...
  10. B

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

I have a 2016 XLT, I too did not like the yellow fog lights. As others have stated, they are halogens but appear yellow against the factory LED headlights. I bought the JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright Max 50W High Power H10 9145 LED Bulbs for DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White from Amazon for $30 a pair...
  11. B

Fuel Filler Neck

:us: I have a 2009, the fuel filler neck is not closing tight enough to keep the gas vapors in the tank, this throws a check engine light, the same light as the gas cap issue, but instead of buying a new gas cap you have to replace the filler neck. The only way to fix the problem is to replace...
  12. B

Air Cleaner and Flowmaster Muffler 4.0

:us: I have a 2009 with the 4.0 engine. Was looking for better mpg and have the engine run more efficiently. I added the KKM air cleaner and that increased throttle response and made the Explorer .7 seconds faster 0-60. I then removed the factory muffler and installed a Flowmaster 50 Series...
  13. B

Interior Lighting

I have a strange question. I have a '96 XLT with the overhead console that has the map lights, outside temp., compass, and garage door opener. One of the map lights burned out. I was looking at it trying to figure out how to get to the bulbs, I don't know. Usually I just start pulling on stuff...
Back