Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

DeRocha's Door Hinge Pin Replacement w/pics

Sagging door repair tips. Tip #1: be sure to install the bushings as described earlier. I installed them from the inside of the hinge and they fell out a year later. The job was much easier to do the 2nd time around. Tip #2: I got the parts from Amazon. They usually have everything I need for...
  2. D

Rubber Boot source(s) ?

I need to replace the lower steering shaft dust boot in my '98 Sport. Is this a dealer-only item? I can't find a new one anywhere. Any suggestions?
  3. D

Greasing the slip yoke: How-to

injection needle My 98 Sport was clunking when braking to a complete stop. After reading all the info here, I used a grease gun with an injection needle. Just shot a bunch of lube up in there into both ends and the middle. No more clunk. It's a QUICK and EASY fix for a problem that was bugging...
  4. D

98 Explorer Eddie Bauer, Sub Woofer

I recently pulled the Ford/JBL subwoofer out of my 94 Sport. Yes, the interior panel must be removed. The speaker box / amplifier units fill the entire cavity.
  5. D

Who's in NJ? Where?

9/2006: Now moving to Bloomfield/Montclair from Northern Virginia. Just had a Jasper transmission installed in my 1998 Sport 4x4. Previously drove a 1994 4x2 Sport and a 1992 Mazda 4x2 Navajo. Both were purchased new. 7/2014 Update: Sold the 98 Explorer and bought a 2007 Escape Limited.
  6. D

How long did your belt driven accessories last?

I have a 1994 Sport with 202K miles on it. All original, except the A/C clutch locked up at about 180K miles.
Back