Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Grinding noise

My 2000 Sport has developed a grinding noise, and I can't figure out where it is coming from. It happens at speeds as low as 10-15 MPH... and sounds pretty bad. I thought it was the rear diff at first, so I went ahead and changed the fluids (full synthetic, to the tune of $80). The grinding...
  2. R

Disconnect IAC and truck runs GREAT!

Truck is a 2000 Explorer Sport, with 4.0 SOHC. I have a MIL on, and a P1506 code. I searched the forum, and all I can seem to find are stalling issues related to the IAC and P1506 codes. Seems like the 'norm' is engine stalls flat out if you disconnect the IAC electrical connector. Mine...
  3. R

A/C Clutch not engaging

I searched the forum, but couldn't find any answer to my problem. My '00 Explorer Sport has no A/C. I looked in the engine compartment, and the clutch isn't engaging. Checked fuses, and even swapped the relay w/ another. I tried jumpering the pressure switch with a paperclip too. No...
  4. R

2000 Sport - Driver's door drops

The driver's door on my (used) '00 Sport drops when I open it. It looks like the pin in the top hinge is loose (oval hole, or worn pin?). Anybody have the same problem, and/or any tips for repairing/replacing?
  5. R

Marbles in engine when started?

I have a 2000 Sport that I bought used about a month ago. Sometimes, when I start it, it sounds like a diesel engine for a few minutes... you know, that sound like there are marbles in the engine. The seller said he just had the timing belt (chain?) replaced before he sold it. Could that be...
  6. R

Puff of smoke from flasher switch area?

I was just ready to turn into my drive after a 4 hour trip, and when I looked down to put my signal on - I saw a very distinct puff of smoke come out of the opening for the 4-way flasher switch. It smelled like it was electrical (I've worked with electronics since my Air Force days in the late...
Back