Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Inside lights won't go off. 97 EXP XLT

About a week ago I opened the back hatch and it wouldnt latch on the drivers side. I lubed the latch and got it to close but every now and again the warning lights would say "door ajar". If I got out and slammed it, it went off. Now all of a sudden it doesnt go off and the lights all stay on...
  2. J

drive cycle to clear computer

Does anyone know what the drive cycle is to clear the computer to get the vehicle inspected? I fixed the problem that kicked on the check engine light, and need to cycle it to get the light off to pass. Is there a shortcut?
  3. J

plugged filter

I was talking to a friend of mine and we were wondering if it is possible for a filter to plug up in the tranny and what would be the symptoms if this happened? I have a 1997 explorer 4wd with a 4.0 SOHC
  4. J

getting off tranny cover 97 exp

I went to remove the cover on my tranny to check for metal and it wont seem to clear the catalytic converter. I called a shop first and they said it would. Does anyone know if it will or if I have to remove exhaust or crossmembers. I am kinda screwed because I need it for work tommorrow and i...
  5. J

slipping tranny 1997 ford explorer

My explorer has been gradually getting worse on the shifting. It is an automatic and has 125, 000 miles. It has a 4.0 with a single overhead cam. I want to fix it because the body and motor are still in great shape. Sometimes it will not shift out of low until 3000 RPM's and other times I have...
Back