Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

93 X: my registry

if u do clear lake, make sure to bring extra gas, and extra water, its about 25+ miles further then HH... and theres nothing out that way so youll have a bit of ways to walk lol
  2. F

93 X: my registry

just noticed u from LG ... im orig from Campbell up in Oakland now, we should get together and head out the HH or Clear Lake
  3. F

2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin air ride

yah u can drop it 3 there are ways, but if your wanting to "slam" it , your looking at "Z" the frame and other issues to come by ... easiest way to do it is is Air Bags..
  4. F

my 85 BII and my 87 BII XLT projects

best advice for 4.0 Swap ... send me the 4.0 i will give it a 200k testing run, and return it to you with a full write up of its goods and bads :-p
  5. F

my 85 BII and my 87 BII XLT projects

get an account at photobucket.com and up load your pics there, then copy the code and post it here....
  6. F

New 4.0L engine with a front and rear axle.

just be aware, frame swaps, you'll have to get new vins from DMV... or at least the case in california ive seen.... BII frame is pretty stout as is, just check for rust in the corners and at the x-member
  7. F

yah i wish in alot of ways that i kept my 87 stock, just some things id do differently, like sell the dam money pit and get me a 1st gen xploder! dont get me wrong, i love the BII, just im 5'11 260ish so its a bit cramped lol... gets some pics and start a registry in the BII registry forum....
  8. F

ive a couple V8 BII's ... be warned, in cab will stay hot...you wont need to use a heater lol.... i suggest go 4.0L, supercharge and chip it if u want performance... what is your plans, trail rig or DD/Weekend Warrior? also what color is this 87?
  9. F

Crazy boat

lol hell id be white knuckled and brown drawers!
  10. F

well the 1st gen swaps are common and are pretty straight forward... 8.8 rear you will need to flip your shackle mounts from under axle to the top, also i beleive u need to change the shock mounts as well... the D35 swap in is supposed to be direct swap over with very little to no mods, the...
  11. F

302 motor mounts

lol... why would u want to use a A4LD with a 302? go C6 w/ AOD or if u can find a crown vic around 87' and snagg an eaglebird .. those are stout!
  12. F

Sway bar removal

lol... i bet..... welded and soft springs, itd be fun on wet roads...
  13. F

how bad have you been ??

thats just it i was in the fast lane, passing a line of truckers.... i had no where to pull to the right lol....unless i wanted to be a pancake! i think it was just he saw CA plates and was ooooooo lets get em hoss...
  14. F

how bad have you been ??

didnt get a ticket, but a warning got a call that PGE was doing work drilled through the main water line into the property and could not find the shut off valve to turn it off.... i kept 60 through a 40 zone for about 10miles passed 4 cops and noone tagged me, but soon as i turned the street...
  15. F

Hey!! Where is that wheel going??

lol this is funny shat... im not the only one... back in 93 , had an old 77 LTD, just got new tires on it, hit freeway to come home started noticed a bit of vibration, ignored it thinking it was just in need of bushings and alignment, started slowing down on the offramp near my house, and...
  16. F

Best RTI ramp ever.

awesome, i would turned to the left and kept going :)
  17. F

Newbie looking for feedback...

what milage are u looking at now? also dont forget the 4.0L from 1st Gen Explorers almost direct bolt-in, my suggestion keep the BII, either 1: rebuild your 2.9L (those 2.9L are a take you beat the snot out of them before they die) or 2: grab a 4.0L out of a 1st Gen from the junkyard and...
  18. F

2011 Bii Projects?

im still undecided with the BII..2 things are going to happen... 1: BII is finally going up 2"s stereo system goes in, new cb and firstick and 31x10.50s and OD Green Paint.. 2: ive been pondering it for a while, but the BII might go bye bye for a 1st/2nd Gen exploder or Crown Vic... i really...
  19. F

Sway bar removal

fair warning, you WILL notice a big difference in driving with out the rear sway especially if your an aggressive driver like me, i had to relearn how the rear felt going in and out of turns and how it acted in wind and wet weather conditions... all i have to say is ... Baby Has A Fat...
  20. F

Sway bar removal

Articulation is the name of the game, the rear one is easy, 10 mins at max... i left my front one on to keep stable @ highway speeds for passing vehicles and digging into corners (yes i drive it like i stole it lol)...
  21. F

84 Bronco II Eddie Bauer with shifter issues.

is this a 5speed or A4LD ? A4LD (Auto trans) possibly shifter motor fried, or the clutches dead... 5speed, check the shift linkage maybe it fell apart?, also i dunno if the BII 5speeds have it, but maybe a broken guide pin? .... also could be a Clutch problem most likely time for a new one...
  22. F

What Shocks?

with me re-working the 2" lift idea i have, im looking for new shocks, as the current ones are limiting theyre fully extended and it rides like a mechanical bull... any suggestions?
  23. F

Meh Truck

it looks more like a flop the a roll, glad you and the truck are ok.... maybe the Explorer Gods are trying to tell u something about your 4x4ing lol...
  24. F

1985 Bronco II won't start.

hmm maybe alternator? when you turn the key do u hear a Click from under hood.. LOL @ Sensors in the Bumpers... someone was being a dumb ass...thats like telling someone to check their headlight fluid level, and actually witnessing them looking for it
  25. F

Dash lights stay on ???

i have to agree, with Rookie, time to start going one by one on the check list, also try poping up at your local part store and asking, maybe someone has heard of this and might know ...
Back