Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Kirby N.

My 1991 Ranger daily driver build.

That’s better/ some divide from someone who knows what they are talking about. I would recommend the clutch upgrade. It not only performs better it also feels better on the pedal. Great upgrade!
  2. Kirby N.

Mine still leaks like that and I have really tried hard to stop the leak I kind of just give up! It looks like you didn’t even use the updated rear main with the sleeve and the tool to get it on. The theory on that I think is that the surface the seal rides on is too smooth to seal. So a sleeve...
  3. Kirby N.

Completed Project Kirby's 1991 Ranger Build Up

@Rick completed project huh? I am not sure how accurate that is. She still has lots of work to be done. I did some work on the Ranger this weekend. When I was hunting two years ago, I lost one of the inner fender liners I fabricated. It was probably from the mud. It was made from thicker and...
  4. Kirby N.

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

No BFGoodrich? That’s all I run. I hear they are coming out with a new all terrain- Ko3. But you said it has to be a mudder. I still love their mudder.
  5. Kirby N.

Yes sir just one. I was unaware there was a setup with 2 pumps?!? Sounds like a typical ford “let’s try this”. Wow.1993? My buddy was there probably 2003 or so. He had a blue 1985 Ranger that he restored and put a James duff lift on and painted. One of my favorite trucks of all time. He rolled...
  6. Kirby N.

Man that was back when optimas were premium. I had a buddy who was an electrician and worked at the plant in longmont sometimes. He would get blems. In those days optima would last 10 or 15 years. I guess that's bad for business. This 1354 is pretty destroyed. I dont think I would ever run it...
  7. Kirby N.

Thanks man. I hope so! I think i got some issues sorted, but I still might have a lingering electrical issue. The only thing I can think of is that a few years ago I had an issue with the wiring harness on the drivers side frame rail. I didn't notice it for years, but it turned out when I did...
  8. Kirby N.

Worn out TrueTrac, Can they be rebuilt?

Arb is solid. That true trac is just probably fine, but you can take it apart and see. There is helical gears that will rarely chunk. You can replace them. I think Eaton even sells the parts. Also the front tru tracs are different- less torque bias- than the ones designed for the rear. My...
  9. Kirby N.

I hope it’s never an issue. I don’t really want to pull it apart again to soldier it.
  10. Kirby N.

So- my starter officially died, but the PFS-37 fuel pump arrived. So my daughter dragged the ranger to the shop with her bronco via a tow strap. Weirdest thing. In 2019, I replaced the starter with a starter for a late model ranger. I think 2007-2011. G2MZ-110002-B. Found that in post number...
  11. Kirby N.

I dig it dude! Cool truck. They are so hard to find anymore in decent shape. I like your code reader too- I need one of those. Looks like the case was swapped for a junk yard unit recently?
  12. Kirby N.

Some updates on the saga. Ha! I found 2 motorcraft fuel pumps. The PFS-37 is for an extended cab, the PFS-38 is for a regular cab. The 38 has a deeper sump. I ordered both. When I realized the 37 has the shallow sump, I sent it back. Then I went to swap in the 38 and figured out that it is so...
  13. Kirby N.

So I still got some stutter on the highway wide open when its warm outside. I was able to find a motorcraft fuel pump on eBay part number PFS-38. RockAuto didn't show that part number but it seems to fit from what I can tell. It was expensive but I am hoping we can be done with this issue now...
  14. Kirby N.

Crankshaft sensor. You got it @Turdle! The crankshaft sensor was original and the bolts were loose and about to fall out. I replaced it with the motorcraft sensor. It seems to run better (smoother). I am going to keep an eye on it. The old sensor looked like it made a little contact with the...
  15. Kirby N.

Man it seems to me like the parts we can get have decreased dramatically in quality. The garbage quality used to be available but you could poney up a little more cash or look a little harder and find quality stuff in the past. It seems now it is all cheap junk. And it is rare To be able to find...
  16. Kirby N.

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

Weird- this one actually got really close. Wondering if he ever finished it or just gave up? Seems like a little work would have got it complete after the last update. It’s been forever since I read up on it. Memory lane.
  17. Kirby N.

I have never really paid attention to the true to size thing. I probably would if I was swapping brands often. I would think it would be affected by pressure and width of rim. I had some of the new mtrs once. They performed well and were tough, but wore out quicker than I liked. I liked the...
  18. Kirby N.

I like bfg. I have run them for years. Been getting almost 50k miles out of them more recently. Work good in the snow and rocks and really tough. I stopped getting road hazard on them because I don’t use it. I have them on all 3 of my cars. Bfg all terrain. I like the looks too.
  19. Kirby N.

I hate that we were forced to 17s without any good of reason. I never consented to that.
  20. Kirby N.

I ordered the last motor craft crankshaft sensor from rock auto. I haven’t had time to test fuel pressure- it was cooler today but no issues. I kind of want to wait to diagnose until it is low on fuel so I can get the sediment out of the tank. Nothing major but a little sediment in the tank. No...
  21. Kirby N.

yeah super helpful.
  22. Kirby N.

You know what? I don’t think I did a new crank sensor when I did the motor. I am going to have to do some research and figure that out. I do know I did a new dampener pulley. Rock auto has a new motor craft one. I might just replace it. I don’t think it is dirty, but it has a lot of miles if...
  23. Kirby N.

Thank you @Turdle. I forgot to mention that I did put in a new motor craft fuel filter when I swapped the pump.
  24. Kirby N.

The ranger has been acting up a little- so I thought I would ask before moving forward with the diagnosis and see if there is anything obvious I am missing. A couple weeks ago I noticed it would stutter/ hesitate when on the highway near 75 or 80 mph at a constant obout 3k to 4k rpm. It was...
  25. Kirby N.

I finally got to the rear brakes on the ranger. I have been running around with no ebrake and a broken top hat on the passenger rotor for months now. So I replaced both rotors and put new ebrake shoes, hardware and disk brake pads. I also wanted to address an issue I have with the ebrake. It...
Back