Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Lil98Sport4X4

My '07 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x4

I gave my stock rims to a friend of mine back in 2015.
  2. Lil98Sport4X4

Sorry for the very late reply... I just haven't been checking up on this forum like I used to. Yes, the camber and toe adjustments were a problem after I installed the lift. Every set of tires I owned would wear on the inside. After running through a set of Duratracs in just over a year, I...
  3. Lil98Sport4X4

06 Explorer 4.6L sputter and hesitates in OD

Update: It's been about 9 days since I installed the remaining 7 coil packs, and 95% of the problems I reported are gone. There is still an occasional hesitation/buck. It's only occurred once or twice in the past week, and it's very brief ...not nearly as severe as it was prior to the coil...
  4. Lil98Sport4X4

06 Explorer 4.6L sputter and hesitates in OD

I wanted to add my story to this old thread, because I am experiencing similar issues with my 07 Trac Limited. Here were my symptoms... 1) hesitation/bucking while driving anywhere from 35-50mph 2) lean codes: 0171, 0174 3) an occasional rich code: 0172 4) multiple misfire code: 300 5)...
  5. Lil98Sport4X4

Vibration that just won't go away (lengthy post)

UPDATE #2 Radiator install... The mechanic who installed the rad said it was a real bear removing due to some internal front end damage that was hidden until the rad was removed. It looked as if the truck had been in a front end fender bender, because the fan shroud and rad support brace were...
  6. Lil98Sport4X4

Will do. Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup: Are there any other cost efficient rad brands that have good fitment and reliability? I only saw the Spectra brand on makuloco2000's vid today and have no experience with the brand.
  7. Lil98Sport4X4

Bobmbx - Yeah, I've already watched a forum member's YouTube vid on how to do it (thanks to makuloco2000 for this post on a radiator replacement), and I agree. I just don't have the time or space to do the repair. I think I'll at least look into purchasing a Spectra rad as he recommends...
  8. Lil98Sport4X4

rmcalis - Agree 100%. Everything they fixed needed to be fixed ...especially the rear drive shaft and rear axle. UPDATE... So after examining the left rear axle the determined that there was a bad wheel bearing (which they knew wasn't the cause of the vibration), but when they pulled the axle...
  9. Lil98Sport4X4

Tech By Trade - They checked the U joints along with the motor and tranny mounts. They went over as many cheap fixes as they could. I thought it could have been a tire pressure sensor band that broke. Got a call back from the shop this afternoon, and they claim that the last repair (replacing...
  10. Lil98Sport4X4

Hi all... I'm posting this problem for future reference to any other ST owners out there who have had a similar issue. For my current setup just click on 'Black Betty' below. A few weeks ago, I noticed a nasty vibration coming from underneath my truck. I took it into the local Midas shop for...
  11. Lil98Sport4X4

Rancho Lift & Spacers

I'm also looking into this mod for my ST. You should also look into replacing the upper control arms with the ones made by BTF. I believe they cost $575. I'm not sure you can do both the Ranchos and spacers without replacing the stock upper control arms. I'm currently running a set of Truxxx...
  12. Lil98Sport4X4

2010 sport trac bi-fold hard tonneau cover

I was just about to post up this very question before I did a search. Thanks paulsen1 for beating me to it. I just ordered the replacement gasket from parts.com. Gaudin has it on ebay for around 80 bucks, but parts.com has it for 75 shipped, so I went with them. This site is an absolute must...
  13. Lil98Sport4X4

My Stereo System Well, I wanted to add some pics of my recently installed sound system to this thread, so here we go... My new (refurbished) head unit. Kenwood DNX890HD. The full rundown of specs can be found here Sub box (custom built to fit behind the rear passenger seat) w/10" JL subs...
  14. Lil98Sport4X4

Updates for the Trac It's been a while since I've posted up a status on my Trac. Here's a list of the things I've been working on since my last update. 1) Replaced the stock battery with a Diehard Platinum. 2) Finally installed the stereo system I purchased a couple years ago and upgraded my...
  15. Lil98Sport4X4

chowman90 Thanks a bunch for those pics of your system. They definitely help me figure out where I can mount my amps and EQ. tomcatpurr101 Nice Trac! I like the blacked out roof rails too. efv1980 & FLBoy07 I looked back at some of my receipts, and I could only locate part costs, but I have a...
  16. Lil98Sport4X4

LED lights question

Yep, you'll need to install load resistors to avoid the bulb outage notifications. You can read my write-up here.
  17. Lil98Sport4X4

willied... Thanks! +3 MPGs is really nuthin' to write home about, but to me (who was only gettin' around 12 MPG) every little bit helps! I'd like to get rid of those 2 piece plugs for some new 1 piece platinums, so maybe a new plug set will help me with my fuel efficiency. Blackdiamondtrac...
  18. Lil98Sport4X4

Finally installed a K&N intake Well, after months of putting it off, I finally broke down and purchased/installed a K&N. I figured it would have gone a little smoother this time since I already had experience dropping one into my previous X, but the job took longer than I thought. There's...
  19. Lil98Sport4X4

07 Sport Trac Ltd. & LED flasher

I've successfully installed front and rear LED replacement bulbs using the load resistor method, and they have been working great for almost a year now. You can view my write-up about installing the load resistors here.
  20. Lil98Sport4X4

Offical: Post your ST pics

Here's an older pic, but the only things missing are the taillight guards and rear window shade I installed last year.
  21. Lil98Sport4X4

Overall, I'd give the Kenwood 6960 4 out of 5 stars. One minor, but annoying, detail with this model is the lengthy startup time. I'm used to hearing sound right away after pressing the power button, but not with this stereo. It takes approximately 20 seconds until you hear any music after...
  22. Lil98Sport4X4

DBVIII... I finally installed my refurb Kenwood 6960 a couple months ago, but I completely forgot about pics. I've got a slow weekend coming up, so I'll try to get a couple up very soon. So far, the new stereo works great, and I love having an all-in-one radio/nav unit in the dash...
  23. Lil98Sport4X4

07 Sport Trac Exhaust Manifold Leak

pjw73nh... I'll have to find/check my invoice, but the Ford tech told me they cracked the manifold and broke a bolt just trying to get it off. So, they had to have replaced at least one bolt with the manifold. I also can't imagine them reusing the gasket, but I'll see what the invoice says. I'm...
  24. Lil98Sport4X4

Headlight bulbs

I installed Hella Xenons in my Trac, and they've been working great so far.
Back