Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Axle arm brackets: what to look for

The damn rough country lift on my truck put a hole in my front diff. I can't put the blame totally on them since I didnt add the drop brackets for the bump stops. Oh well.
  2. D

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex

I miss BC, such a beautiful province. Nice work on the explorer.
  3. D

$8000 would be a good starting point. But then again, I'm no appraiser. Just found a hole in my front differential, so I'm in the market to either SAS or new truck. You just need to test the flex out on that thing.
  4. D

How much ground clearance do you have now? Very nice job, just amazing. Can I buy it?
  5. D

$2 billion lawsuit against Ford Re: Explorer

I did a 180 with a stock explorer to avoid a accident and didn't roll. Its the monkeys behind the wheel that cause them to rollover.
  6. D

Pic's of your ride

4" Rough Country 33's Pro Comp MT
  7. D

My finished bumpers

Nice to see another alberta rig, not many, but a few. Very nice work on the bumpers.
  8. D

'92 XLT Before & After

new pics of just some mud play and to try out the tires. These tires work great, really impressed with them. Sorry no action shots, just aftermath, forgot to bring the camera.
  9. D

'92 XLT Before & After

Before: After: 4" Rough Country Lift Procomp 33x12.5x15 MT's Series 51 Procomp Rock Krawlers
  10. D

A Question

I got aal from parts source for 70bucks(I think), but shackles, you'll have to search, search is your friend.
  11. D

A Question

AAL and/or shackles would work.
  12. D

Hey LD, heres a good article(if you haven't read it already) on mud terrain tires. http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/29919_mud_terrain_off_road_tires/index.html Good job with your rig, remember I want first dibs if you sell it, haha.
  13. D

Can I get POR15 in Canada?

Nice find, thanks guys for the help. Much appreciated. I will probably get some now, since I want to clean up my axle, and this stuff should work well.
  14. D

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into it.
  15. D

Is Por 15 sold in Canada? I tried this thread in "Body work and Detailing", but after 23 views I don't have an answer. Can some tell me if and where they sell this stuff in Canada? Thanks
  16. D

PB Blaster in Canada?

I can get kroil through work which is nice. A little pricey though, 8 bucks a can. Not sure how well it works though.
  17. D

Does anyone know where I can get POR 15 in Alberta at all? I'm kinda lost at where to get it, or do you have to get it from their website?
  18. D

PB Blaster in Canada?

At auto value its like 14 or so a can, and at Napa its around 11. A little bit cheaper. When I found out I was picking something up and noticed it on display.
  19. D

PB Blaster in Canada?

I get seafoam at napa, cheaper than auto value. And aerokroil(sp?) is a substance like pb blaster.
  20. D

What type of differential?

I am going to the junkyard tomorrow to pick up a differential. With the one Im getting Im putting 4.56 gears in it as well as an aussie locker. My question is, what would be the best axle to get for the this process? Should I get a open diff or a limited slip diff? What would be easier to...
  21. D

700r4 Vehicle & Year options

Theres an ad in the paper that has a 700r4 transmission from a 91, rebuilt never used for 750. Pretty good deal, too bad Im not in a need of a transmission. Need to save to money for wheels and tires.
  22. D

If you ever sell your Explorer, I get first dibs. Mark that down. Haha. Very nice work on your explorer, gives me alot of motivation on what to do to mine.
  23. D

rust under passenger rear door.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171419
  24. D

Regearing the diffs...

Yeah, those are the words I'm looking for. Any power loss? But I get an idea on how it will perform. Thanks for the help
  25. D

Regearing the diffs...

Whats it like on the trail and in mud? Can you still spin the tires if your in the mud? But I think with the posts in this thread, I think I'll be happy with the setup I got now.
Back