Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

RIGHT HEADLIGHT OUT?? NOT FUSE??

Thanks for the info guys. I feel much better now.
  2. D

Where can Zymol Leather Kit be purchased locally.

Not yet. I called all the big car part dealers with no luck. I'll try Walmart next.
  3. D

Where can Zymol Leather Kit be purchased locally.

I hate to by it online if I can find it locally.
  4. D

RIGHT HEADLIGHT OUT?? NOT FUSE??

Is the fog light relay something that goes out often? I just finished wiring up my fogs so they will come on with the parks. Others have done this with no problems. I'm still covered under warranty so if I ever do have a relay go bad, I guess I'll have to reconnect the wires before I take it in.
  5. D

Suggestions on exhaust system for 5.0

I went by the shop and had them take off the Delta 40. It was just a little too loud for my taste. The wife had a hard time with it also. I went ahead and had them put on a magnaflow. It souds a lot nicer and not too loud. Thanks for the advice guys.
  6. D

Couple of Upgrade (Mod) questions for 2000 Limited

Thanks for the advice mrboyle. I went ahead and got the Flowmaster 40 with the single 3" out. It sounds really nice. The nose was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had my wife in the back seat and she didn't notice any problems with talking up front. It really has a nice sound to it at...
  7. D

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it tomorrow when I stop by the shop.
  8. D

Suggestions on exhaust system for 5.0

I found a shop in town that does all kinds of custom exhaust setups. All the Mustang guys swear by this place and they will beat any other dealer in town. I'm going to stop in tomorrow for a free estimate. What would be a good exhaust setup for a 2000 Explorer Limited 5.0 v8. I'm going to...
  9. D

Last week i sold my 2000 XLS. A friend like the way I fixed it up so I sold it to him. I always wanted to upgrade to a more equiped versions so I jump at it. My XLS with it's 4.0 OHV just didn't have the power I was looking for but at the time it was in my price range. Sad to see it go, had two...
  10. D

Looking for part# for rear Splash Guards.

Does anyone know of a good part# for the rear splashguards for a 2000 Explorer LTD. I called around to the dealers but they are lost. I have the front ones but I would like a set of rear ones to match. I perfer stock ford flaps but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks By the way, are EB rear...
  11. D

Fog Light Modification Question?

Look here. Just remember you want to add the 12in wire to the DB/LG wire coming off the relay. I found out the hard way. When I want to use my fogs, I just have to turn on my park lights. Now they work in all positions. Dead Link Removed
  12. D

Thanks for the info. Did you tap off the brown wire for the park lights? I took my time doing the mod. I cut open all the sleves and ran the wire. The longest part was re-taping. If the dealer was to look inside, he would never know a mod was done.
  13. D

Well I have completed the modification to my 2000 Ford Explorer Limited so the fog lights will come on with the park lights, low beam and high beams. I found the thread here in the forum and it worked like a champ. What I want to know is, has anyone had any problems with there X since doing...
  14. D

Pics of my 2000 with new Cobra-R 's and Bigger tires!

The OH console was simple. I ordered the harness from FPN. It cost me $21. I also ordered the bracket and the temp sensor from them also. I was able to find a OH console on ebay real cheap. The whole process took about an hour. With the factory wire harness, all you have to do is unplug you...
  15. D

You are correct tbomb.
  16. D

No, The XLS comes with less then the XLT. The XLS does not have overhead console or the high series console with rear air. Most don't come with CD players or fog lights. Most 2000 XLS came with the old 4.0 OHV engine, and I believe the XLS with AWD came with 4.0 SOHC.
  17. D

Sorry if you though I was jerk in my earlier post. I just get annoyed when people, lets just say, not truthful. There's nothing wrong with owning a XLS. I had mine for a year now and it's great. Am I the only one who noticed this. O-well, keep up the good work.
  18. D

Nice looking ride. I like the tires and the grill guard. Keep up the good work. By the way, your ride sure looks like an XLS and not an XLT. I noticed you didn't have the overhead console, which is standard in XLT's, You body fender trim and front and rear bumpers are dark gray. The XLT's...
  19. D

Vibration at 60+ MPH. Need advice.

Man you guys are great. I have a good list to start with. I'm still waiting for my replacement rim to come in. Once they change it out, I'll take it for a test drive. I'll keep you guys up on what is going on. Thanks again. Dan
  20. D

Well after 3 atemps the dealer said they found two bad rims. This is after I had them remove the tires from the rims and spin them up. I watched them through out the whole process. They had also hooked up some device to my X and test drove it. They also concluded that it was the rims. Well the...
  21. D

Well it's getting late and nobody was able to help me out. I'll leave it up to the dealer to troubleshoot the problem.
  22. D

I know this is the place for advice so maybe you guys can help me out. Last week I took my 2000 XLS up to Atlanta. This was the first time I took my X on a long road trip and had it up to 60+ mph. I only have 5000 miles on it so it's in great condition. On the way up there I was getting a...
  23. D

Center console wiring question?

I’m looking for a wiring diagram for the high profile center console. I recently acquired a high profile console to replace the short version console I have in my 2000 XLS. The new console has all the ducts, wiring, and fan but what I need to know is which wires do I connect to have just the...
  24. D

How Much for Gas in Your Area?

Here in the Florida Panhandle it runs: 1.61 1.71 1.81
  25. D

EATC Installation

Let us know how this project comes out. I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I'm hoping it's just a simple swap out of the control unit, but knowing my current mods, I had to tap into wires.
Back