Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Stalling when I put it in gear

I just had my tranny rebuilt because of this problem, the TCC solonoid on the tranny valve body had gone bad, also put a new torque converter in as well as some other part replacements of course
  2. A

Pulsating brake pedal.

I had the same thing with mine last week, and i had newer rotors and pads, turned out the rails for the pads just needed some lube
  3. A

No Head Lights

If your switch is mounted on the dash it could have broken. Mine melted in the switch and at the wire harness, so I had to replace the switch and the harness.
  4. A

Need Help, Drivetrain Binding

You are correct above. The truck is on stands. The front wheels will spin at first, then after just a short time, they stop spinning. Neutral is ok. I noticed the a clunk when I shift now into any gear other than park or into neutral. Then the engine dies. The engine continues to run though...
  5. A

you don't understand, then engine dies when I put the X into one of the forward drive gears. I can not drive it.
  6. A

I have a 98 XLT 4.0L with AWD. when I put it into one of the drive gears, the engine bogs down, I hear a sort of ratcheting sound, then the engine dies. reverse seems to be fine. and I noticed that it isn't so noticeable in 4Low. I am thinking it is the TCase. Is there anything I can do to...
  7. A

'98 X lurches then dies when shifted into Drive

This just started happening last night. Its ok when in reverse, but when I shift into drive, the engine seems like it bogs down and dies. The truck threw a code, but I haven't been able to go get it checked yet. Any one have any clues what this could be??
  8. A

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

I just wanted to say hi and thanks for the awesome post. I came across this site when I was looking for some help with my '98 XLT...This was an awesome post with awesome pics...and I helped out tremendously. Though on mine the bushing was fine...it was the brushes that needed replacing...
Back