Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

intake for 86 ranger

No wiring involved. You just need to plumb up the IAC so that the engine sees the same as it does stock. I was actually going to make a flange that mounts on the IAC with lines that lead to the engine and then another that comes off with a CCV filter on the end and just mount the whole thing up...
  2. S

D44 vs D60 and tcase question

The chromo shafts will run you around $500US or so. Though keep in mind that you'd need to upgrade ujoints to CTMs, OX, etc since they will be the next weakest link. Plan on ballpark $1000US for the shafts and joints. At that level the 44 will be as strong as a stock 60. For just the cost of the...
  3. S

intake for 86 ranger

On the 86 2.3L the IAC is mounted on the airbox instead of up on the engine like the 2.9L for example. This makes intakes harder to do because of this provision. You can't just throw away the box!!!! The IAC can be made to work on an intake, but it will take some custom fab work. I had some...
  4. S

Solved Transfer Case Cross-Reference (Different fitments)

Its either a BW 1350 or 1354. The 1354 has the front output flange instead of a slipyoke. The 1350 you can pickup anywhere for nothing. The 1354 is more expensive, and the manual version of it is not only hard to find but quite a bit more expensive.
  5. S

f-350 side mirrors on ex...

Are you talking the newer 99+ Superduty extending towing mirrors? Well actually if its the SD style mirrors no matter which ones they are (they all mount the same) that it won't work without ALOT of custom work. Even then I think you're going to have a very crappy looking install. I have both...
  6. S

Front Brake Rotors, install

The rotors on a 94 house the bearings. To remove it you'll have to pull the calipers off like you've done before. Then the hubs and all the nuts come off. Then after that the rotor will slide off. I would suggest putting new bearings in unless you JUST put them in. The big thing is that you...
  7. S

driveline prob: tranny/gas tank interference

Holy crap, $550 for a used junkyard tranny? I can pick up the 2wd M5OD trannys all day long for $65 at the local yards here.
  8. S

**Solon, IA 600 Acres FINAL RUN**

I know more than once there has been people at 600 acres that have gotten their ass beat for ripping the place up. I'm almost glad they shut it down if it can keep dipshits like that out of there. At least ATVs and dirtbikes don't have the HP to do that crap. It really pisses me off to see...
  9. S

Did I catch a good buy?

EZpull is off of 865 east of 61 in New Ringgold. There is also A to Z pull south of you about the same distance. There isn't much there in the way of explorers, espcially for body parts. There were about 4 Explorers at EZ pull that had good doors and body panels that I can think of off the top...
  10. S

Ok, why pull it down? The thing has been the unique feature of that trail for the 5-6 years that I've gone there. No wonder the DNR wanted it closed down to trucks.
  11. S

THE HAPPY TRAIL!!!!!!!! Been awhile, and I see someone repainted the smiley face. Last time I was out there about 2 years ago it was barely visable. Did they have all of the creek bed fenced off now? After they fenced off the bottoms they ran it about half of the way up along the creek on the...
  12. S

Man I knew there was some talk about closing it off to trucks, but I thought it had died off. I'm really gonna miss that place. I first went out there in 01 with my 97 F150. Later I got out there with my Ranger. I guess the Explorer won't ever see it. I wheeled there about 6 times a year or so...
  13. S

Did I catch a good buy?

It sounds like a decent deal, but IMO you overpaid a little for it. I recently picked up a 92 sport with 179k on it. Body is in excellent condition. It needed a new tailpipe ($20 from Autozone), a new Maf sensor, and the electric 4x4 didn't work. I ended up getting that for $1000 even to give...
  14. S

extended radius arm's 12"

Well the weld area may be fine, but its what happens to the metal surrounding the weld that can cause the problem, which can in turn work its way into the weld area. I also beg to differ on the heims. A friend of mine has a 6" lift on his Explorer. Comparing the heims he runs now to the rubber...
  15. S

extended radius arm's 12"

I would think you'd be ahead to box the rad arm sections to increase the strength. As it is now you have weak points at the weld areas and under stress may end up with cracks forming. Having the thing fully boxed would reduce this greatly. Also why keep the studs on the ends? You need to more or...
  16. S

Weld it or spool?

For a 9" you don't have a choice since its hard to really weld it. I was riding with Firezapper when the mini spool let go. The 8.8 design really sucks and if there is ANY slop at all (I'm talking thousandths of an inch) between the center and outter blocks the mini spool will eat itself, which...
  17. S

Found this on Ebay

Aside from the lift blocks just being insanely tall, you can see the one picture it has reverse arched springs which means he just made 4 7" blocks and called it a lift. Lift blocks in the front at all are scary, let alone ones that tall. I think its time for me to leave PA for safer roads.
Back