Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Flat Belly?

Thanks for the response, how much body lift do you think it would take? I was considering doing a 1" to help with the 302 swap but I may skip it.
  2. H

Flat Belly?

Hey guys, been a long time since I've been in the Explorer world! Picked up a 94 X and some narrowed half tons to build a street legal wheeler I dont have to trailer like my other junk. Anyway anyone ever done a flat belly on an Explorer with some UHMW or something?
  3. H

31x10.50's on stock EX'

I had 31x10.5s on both my 91 and 93, the 93 had 3.27s and the 91 had 3.55s. Pretty doggy with the 3.27s, even noticable in low range. Also if you have auto hubs they will be destroyed in short order. No rubbing on either of mine though.
  4. H

4.0 OHV max rpm

Mine has 240,x... It doesnt make any death rattles or anything. Most of the time when I hit those kind of revs it is in 4lo First. Only once in a while on the street
  5. H

4.0 OHV max rpm

I hear a lot about this 4900 limit, My 91 hit 5500 regularly and my 93 hits the limiter at 51-5200
  6. H

A4LD Interchangeability

Anyone? What would it take to make it work?
  7. H

A4LD Interchangeability

Well the stocker got toasted by an extremely built SOHC 4.0, at the same time the crank ventilated the oil pan. Right now it has a stock motor back in it and he is looking for a tranny so he can sell it.
  8. H

A4LD Interchangeability

Could a buddy use the A4LD out of my 91 in his 02 Ranger? I know it should bolt up and such but will the computer run it?
  9. H

need some (suspension lift) help

That would be because your lift came with a drop bracket for the factory mount instead of a whole new bracket.
  10. H

c-4 swap

Now that I am getting the tranny and t-case soon what have ya'll done for driveshafts? what needs to be long, what needs to be shorter, yokes etc... btw I'm running a D30 front
  11. H

c-4 swap

cool will do thanks
  12. H

c-4 swap

I thought so, thanks. Looks like I'll be runnin a c4/d20 now :D
  13. H

c-4 swap

Can I put a c-4 behind my 4.0 with a c-5 bellhousing?
  14. H

Kill List

Lets see, not much my rig is slow. A couple civics, a dodge caravan lol, an eclipse, a 5.2 dakota more then once (my buddy insists he will beat me some day), 2000 F-150, kept up pretty good with a scion TC for a while, oh and I got killed by an 05 stang :D I hope to go terrorize some more ricers...
  15. H

Hello....

Yea holy body lift batman, and what defines "wider axles"
  16. H

Factory manual 4x4????

Yea my auto hubs just crapped out, debating on wheter to replace them since the SAS is goin on as soon as school gets out
  17. H

Need help, have... nothing

Yea tommorow I will have some time so I will crawl in under and around and see what I find out, was planning on finding my voltmeter but the cell plate being jarred loose brings up a good point, my hardwired offroad lights still come on though.
  18. H

Yes I checked the cables they are good, no corrosion on the terminals. Do these rigs have some sort of shut off in case of an accident? I hit the dip pretty hard. Oh btw it is a 1991 Explorer
  19. H

Soo.... I was out wheelin a while ago, when this big puddle/dip/random vehicle rim (Dont know where it came from) appeared in front of me while I was traveling at a moderate rate of speed. I swerved and slammed on the brakes but the rim still hit somewhere, and the next thing I know I have no...
  20. H

4x4 issues!?!?

Yea my drivers side hub pops and crack when wheeling, stupid vacuum hubs. But the SAS is coming soon so I might not out too much money into it.
  21. H

Most Flex possible

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Fall2003/MaximumFlexForTheTTB.htm Here is a pretty good write up for 17'' of travell with Jeep coils
  22. H

Flatbed, rollcage phase 2 project

How do you like the bedliner spray paint? I need something for my interior and wasnt sure how that stuff did. Also what is the price on that stuff?
  23. H

91 sleaf sprung X

Got any more pics of the shackles and mount? The myspace link didnt show up.
  24. H

Section525 - Explorer V8 D44 SAS

Brand new Ford 5-lug outer junk.
  25. H

Section525 - Explorer V8 D44 SAS

Ford?
Back