Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Hello from Philly

Welcome to the site. Glad to see and nother philly suburb guy on here. Victor
  2. R

Help ASAP please!!!

try jumping the solenoid. if that don't work it's the starter or motor is locked up. Vic
  3. R

Whinning Noise

Can't seem to find any info on this so any help is grateful. I have a 93 explorer 4x4 and I have this whine coming from the right front. Some one told me it was the hub bearing. My manual said it has a spindle bearing is this the same thing or they the wheel bearings. I have very little play in...
  4. R

Getting angry

Mid 90's F-150 2wd that has a beam set-up. Thats what I have on my 93 Sport. Getting ready to do the same thing to another one . Victor
  5. R

Transfer Case to Trans. Gasket

Replacing the transfer case in my 93 explorer and the gasket that is there ripped. None of the dealerships around me have one. Is there some type of rtv that I can use. Please help the vehicle is my daily driver so any help is appreaciated. Victor
  6. R

What year and models interchange

I'm sorry its 4wheel drive. The reason being I think I blew out the front seal and with the fluid full the trans is starting to slip when I put it in drive and reverse. Thanks for the information on which models. Victor
  7. R

What year and models interchange

Looking for another A4LD trans for my 93 explorer. Wondering what years and models trans will interchange with it? Its hard to find explorers where I live so I was looking for other models. Any help is appreaciated Victor
  8. R

Ball Joint Pinch Bolt

The bolt is covvered so going thru it is impossible. I have tried a smaller socket to the point it wont go on. thanks Victor
  9. R

Ball Joint Pinch Bolt

Any ideas on how to get out a rounded out pinch bolt? Went to change out my front u-joints on my 93 Explorer and wound up rounded the pinch bolt on the left side. Right side came out fine. Any help on this would be appreciated. I tried to use PB Blaster, Heat , and hammering a 1/2 socket on it...
  10. R

tow hooks.

lets see if this works if not will try tommorrow. Where this is mounted is on the inside frame rails using existing holes in the frame but mounted on an angle.
  11. R

tow hooks.

I got mine bolted on to the inside frame rails, just behind thr front bumper. I will try to get some pics tomorrow when I get home and post them up here for you. Victor
  12. R

Pine Barrens/Southern NJ Run in April

Just makeing sure we are still on for the run, doesn't matter to me what weekend. All I need to know is when and where we should meet. I recommend at the atsion ranger station, it's easy to find and to get to. That way we can get some maps and what trails we can go on. Victor
  13. R

Blower motor doesn't work

Hello all, first the blower motor only worked on high now it does not work at all. I have replaced the blower motor and still no go. any help would be grateful. Also my 4low does not work 4high does but the 4low light does not light up, any ideas? The vehicle is a 93 explorer sport. Again any...
  14. R

I'm still in, just let me know when and where to meet. Victor
  15. R

Shackles

Here is some pics of my lift with shackles on the rear and coil spring spacers in the front. Hope this works Vic
  16. R

Coil Spring Spacers

Put mine on yesterday along with some shackles in the rear. The Ford dealer didn't have them and none of the local yards had any so I went to my brother-in-laws salvage company. They had 2 mid 90's F-150's. So the spring spacers cost me nothing. The wife's expression when I had the front end...
  17. R

whoops into a project

The tire places around me told me that they would not fit so they refused to sell them. BFG's at run roughly 124.00 apeice without the instalation and tax
  18. R

whoops into a project

Dont't have 31's yet went out to price them. Basiclly it's all stock except with the shackles and spring seats. I got the shackles from Pep Boys. Don't know if I am going to put 31's one yet. Going out to look at jeep wrangler tommorrow, and if the price is right it will be my trail rig and the...
  19. R

whoops into a project

lets try this
  20. R

whoops into a project

I just got done putting the spring seats and shackles on my 93. as soon as I can I will post pics of it. I have enough room now to put on 31's. Vic
  21. R

Coil Spring Spacers

ok thanks Victor
  22. R

I'm bringing my 6yr. old son along. As far as mine, I maybe adding a shackle and spring spacers on. So pretty much I stock. Victor
  23. R

Coil Spring Spacers

What year F-150 for I look for when I got to the junkyard to fit my 93? Thanks Victor
  24. R

Shackles

For my 93 what year should I look for in the junkyard
  25. R

Shackles

Just got mine today. Going to the dealer for the coil spring spacers tommorrow and then its time to break out the tools for a cheap 2in lift.
Back