Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Wiring diagram for power seats?

Here's the comparison between the regular power and memory power from an '03. Looks like you could make it work by bypassing the driver module if you've already bought the seats. good luck. http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/78288332/file.html Not sure why zippyshare rared that file, just...
  2. S

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

I have a question about the press used. I have the HF Ball Joint Press but it seems I need another 1/4 inch. The OE ball joint is about 4 1/2" in length but my press only gives me 4 1/4" with the adapters and tube. Has anyone used the tube from the AZ Adapter Set 27165 with this press...
  3. S

heck of a time removing rear rotor? Am I alone?

Check this out. My new rotors were stuck on again after about 1k miles and this trick worked great even the second time around. I never needed to touch the ebrake after everything was said and done.
  4. S

Adding a shoulder belt to the rear middle seat on my wifes 2002?

I've a rear center w/shoulder belt from my '03 if anyone is interested. 2-tone EB parchment.
  5. S

newer expedition navigation in explorer?

I had looked into this but I think the newer unit is physically too large. The closest I found was the nav unit that came in the Continental and Aviator. While it is a DD, the faceplate didn't match the cutout in the 3rd gens. Once you overcome that by sourcing a faceplate that might work...
  6. S

Need help finding pvc valve

I agree that the $20 extra expense is what I'm trying to avoid should it be unnecessary but I'm asking if anybody here knows for sure the actual reason for the heated vs. non-heated. I'm sure most are aware of the difference re: the electrical connector but as my vehicle is some 300 miles...
  7. S

Need help finding pvc valve

Can anybody explain the heated PCV valves? I saw the 2 at rockauto and I'm trying to find out which one to buy. I figured the heated might have had to do with an engine block heater option but wasn't sure.
  8. S

Harness for change 02 XLT Explorer premium HU to aftermarket HU

Comparing the wiring in this thread would indicate you need the harness mentioned above. The only loss you will realize is the steering wheel control, which you would lose anyway without an adapter. Per the service manual, the only difference between the DM100 (Premium) & the CDX6...
  9. S

DVD entertainment system question.

Can you clarify "reconnect?" I had my battery go dead or swapped several times with no detrimental impact to the DVD player. However, mine is the previous generation.
  10. S

How to: Tow hook installation procedure.

For those that are looking for the tow hooks, make sure you check older vehicles. I bought a cast pair from an '86 F250 off ebay on a gamble and they fit perfectly. Best part, $12.50 shipped. I used 1/2" x 2" grade 8 bolts, nuts & lock washers. Some dental floss, vise grips & a pair of...
  11. S

Premium display is out

There are a few threads here about repairing the display yourself. I seem to remember something about cleaning solder joints. There was also a guy on eBay that would repair them. As far as repairing or replacing, I'm a stocker so I don't look to much at aftermarket HUs. However, I'm sure...
  12. S

Problem with rear passenger window

I haven't been inside my doors yet but maybe this will help. Maybe #6-Window Motor Electrical Connector? :dunno:
  13. S

97 explorer having trouble with colors/wiring

Good deal, enjoy the new tunes.
  14. S

Spark Plug Threads........

I've also heard the it can throw off the torque reading causing you to overtighten. Not a good idea with aluminum heads.
  15. S

I'm not to familiar with these decks but I'm guessing the is the premium with the remote tuner. Check this out, I think it's what you need. And it's a pretty good price.
  16. S

What colors do you have?
  17. S

in cab lights?

Look over in the 2002-05 stock forum. here are a number of threads about the door ajar switch and broken wiring in the door. A lot of us suffer from these issues. start here.
  18. S

Car stereo help!!!!!

In the wiring diagram thread (just a few posts down) it looks like your power is coming in on Grey/Yellow. Blue would be your illumination feed. Check your wiring again.
  19. S

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

I'm guessing this is what you're looking for. Take your time and look at it carefully, all the info is there. If you have a question about a specific item you don't see, post back.
  20. S

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

I've read a post somewhere about 1 of the tabs being a different angle and that this was normal. If you check through the fuel filter threads you might see it as I saw it just the other day.
  21. S

Jump starting my 4.6

Some aren't, check the rating on the case. Also, depending on how old the jump box is it might be getting ready to die itself.
  22. S

2nd Row Seat Console

Well, she doesn't have one either. The plot thickens.
  23. S

‘04 Ex Replacing Factory Radio to get SUBwoofer and have Rear DVD which Radio?

Metra tech support just confirmed that the 20 pin in the 70-5700 only has 2 leads. He intimated that more leads could be added but would require the pins as well. I guess the search is afoot for a 5L2Z-18W862-BA.
  24. S

Fuel Filter Sucess story.

I just got a pair of FG1036's in the mail and they're stamped Made in USA. Of course they're probably NOS so no telling where they're made now. Good to hear about the filter change, I'm dreading mine but I think the factory one is ready to go after 92k.
  25. S

‘04 Ex Replacing Factory Radio to get SUBwoofer and have Rear DVD which Radio?

Looks like I'm in for the Metra build. Anybody actually held a 70-5700 in their hands? The stock photo on shows 2 leads on the 20 pin. I've emailed Metra to confirm the exact build. I guess I'll report back here if nobody else does. If it doesn't have the leads for the necessary pins, how...
Back