Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

sohc, no spark, Help!

Okay, thanks, is that something that could go out all of a sudden like it did? So, if it cranks and the CEL never turns off then it is safe to assume that the CKP is bad?
  2. B

sohc, no spark, Help!

Hey everyone, my neighbor came by today asking for help with his 97 ex, it cranks but doesn't start. it was running fine, went to dinner, came out and it wouldn't start, he had it towed home. I pulled a sparkplug, and no spark. I pulled the plug to the coil and with the key in the ON...
  3. B

Section525 - Explorer V8 D44 SAS

o god dude, you need to put the camera down. No more crotch shots of me, you said those were jsut for your personal use. ;) And, just FYI, you said your front crossmember is 4x6, it is actually 2x6.
  4. B

Rock crawling competition

O yeah, i almost forgot. :rolleyes: the only ones y'all got of me were me driving with my Blinker on, on the way there, and me getting winched off after i timed out. :(
  5. B

Rock crawling competition

Section525 told me this would be the best spot for these pics, and hopefully it will liven up this B2 section here. I entered my first amature rock crawling competition yesterday. It was put on by a new club from out area, and they had no idea what to expect or plan for. There were way more...
  6. B

Whats stronger, Dana 44 or dana 60?

My best advice when considering the 44 vs. 60 is that if you don't need the strenght of a 60, the 44 is a whole lot less weight. two people can easily move around a fully dressed 44, not gonna happen with a 60. Invest in an engine hoist.
  7. B

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

Too bad you forgot to take it out of the truck first, cause the tranny pan didn't fare quite so well. :eek: DOod, Johnny you gots 9999 posts!
  8. B

Because with radius arms like you and i have the axle travels around a point (radiua arm mount) very close to the front transfer case output. this means that the differential never gets much further or closer to the transfer case, and doesn't require much driveshaft slip. In Johnnys rig with...
  9. B

It'll never work. You should just pay someone to do your gears for you, do you really wanna risk it? LOLz P.s. i think the gear marking compound stuff is a good color for me :)
  10. B

section525 fab- B2 stinger bumper

well, i finally got the b2 to where the front end is at a finished "for now" stage, and the dual cases are all good. So i can mess around with little stuff like bumpers and adding onto my roll bar/cage. First order of business was to ditch my "ghetto lack of a" front bumper. I am too...
  11. B

CEL flashing help ?

all connections are good, if one was bad i think it would throw a code right? even for the KOEO test right? I jsut went to Kragen's and bought a new set of plugs and wires, it seems that most of the guys i have found online on a few different sites that have had the flashing CEL have changed...
  12. B

CEL flashing help ?

I replaced the intake manifold gasket on the 4.0 in my 93 ranger. Everything was good right after i did it, i drove it up and down the block and all seemed fine. then the next day i changed the oil and when iwas done i went to test drive it and right after i turned on the engine the cel flashed...
  13. B

Completed Project Stic-o's 2nd gen. radius arm/coil SAS

I am glad the t-case worked out for ya. :thumbsup:
  14. B

All doublers offered for the explorer

I have over a thousand highway miles on my d.d. doubler now. I just pulled it apart to inspect stuff and do some other things and with prolly 2 thousand miles and 2 trips to the rubicon this summer it shows no signs of wear, and the gears still seam tight, i don't know what exactly to look for...
  15. B

Texas???? dood, where are you? I am having to work on my junk all by myself :( .
  16. B

Section525 Fab Shop - Driveshaft shortening

I don't have one really good thread on everything, i try to keep one updated on Offroadrangers but it is only okay http://www.offroadrangers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19387 New paint pics: http://www.offroadrangers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23244&highlight=john+deere Dual cases...
  17. B

I have the stock shifter hooked up to the doubler, and an auto case as my main so i have to crawl underneath and turn the shaft to put 'er in 4x4.
  18. B

Well, for those that don't know section525 lives right next to very busy railroad tracks, this evening a circus train was rolling through town. A tiger escaped from the train not far from Section's place. It was naturally attracted to the sparks and man-sweat. needless to say, i had to subdue...
  19. B

That was fun, and my head feels better already, i hope it leaves a scar :)
  20. B

Sounds like a plan man. You gonna need to cut and turn the C's? or will the pinion angle be okay?
  21. B

Johnny, why do you want to move the box back? you never want the tie rod and drag link to touch, i would leave it alone if it all clears right there. His u bolts and plates are stock to the waggy d44.
  22. B

B2 d44 swap

Well, since Colin brought this thread back from the dead, i guess i should update it a little. i painted it, i had the front gears installed. I ordered a doubler adapter kit from D.D. machine. It is no longer dovetailed. I need to start working so i can order some new alloy shafts for...
  23. B

B2 d44 swap

Truckhaven is definetly on the calendar.
  24. B

B2 d44 swap

There you go Colin, that was taken while bringing JoshS back his Gigantic jackstands back. THe taillights are 14" closer together than stock. I am still kinda undecided, i don't think the final product will be pulled in quite that much. Rookie: No, the stoneguard is long gone. lol. I have...
  25. B

B2 d44 swap

Front view: tracbar mount/coil buckets: Radius arm: I need a bigger ramp: With new rear fender trimming: Overall i have 5" of front suspension lift. In the rear, it is pretty much stock. It sits a little taller because the 8.8 has a larger diameter tubes than the stock 7.5...
Back