Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Remove front driveshaft on AWD Mountaineer

Thanks for the clarification fellas. I'm going to try and undertake this over the weekend and hopefully I don't screw anything up hah. Also, does anyone know if there is a (harmonic?) balancer attached to the front driveshaft somehow? Friend and I were pressing in new upper and lower ball...
  2. C

Remove front driveshaft on AWD Mountaineer

I believe I have a bad transfer case causing a thumping noise when in motion. Is it safe to completely remove the front drive shaft and only rely on RWD from here on out? Or at least until I can afford a new xfer case. One local shop tells me that removing the front shaft will throw an error...
  3. C

Left Front End Whinning

Not sure if this is the same thing y'all are experiencing, but I've got a similar problem myself (2002 Mountaineer AWD). Mine is a mixture of a howling/growling sound and I can feel a vibration under my feet when I start moving (forward and reverse). Replaced both front hub bearings and CV half...
  4. C

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

Excellent write-up MountaineerGreen! I'm about to undertake this project on my '02 AWD Mountaineer next weekend and I've never done anything this intricate so your steps/tips will definitely put me on the right track.
  5. C

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

Great writeup! Was looking for something similar a couple years ago when I had the same problem except for me it turned out to be a damaged wire on the tailgate instead of a door. Did the same thing back there and it's been fixed ever since.
  6. C

door ajar light help

This morning I think I narrowed down the problem to my rear hatch because it is the only door that doesn't trigger the dome lights to come on. Any advice?
  7. C

How to: Interior lights on - Door Ajar

bumb for an answer? :thumbsup:
  8. C

Problems with Door Locks / Ajar

My rear wiper stopped working along with the door ajar issue. WD-40 did nothing after I soaked all 4 doors + the liftgate & glass. Could the driver door boot still be the culprit even though my mirrors/locks still work? This has been mind boggling and I'm debating going to the dealer and raising...
  9. C

door ajar light help

I've had the exact same issue since last November. I've done the WD-40 trick with no luck. I assumed it was the rear hatch that was giving the door ajar signal because my rear wiper stopped working simultaneously, but I have no clue how to check the wiring back there or anywhere else. This...
  10. C

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Still nothing on a rear blend actuator for a 2002? Sounds like a tiny unicorn kicking around back there! The first time I heard the noise I thought it was a squirrel inside my wheel well or something.
  11. C

How to: Wire in Factory Sub to Aftermarket Stereo

Vinnie, I bought the same two harnesses from Crutchfield for my '02 Mountaineer and got my factory sub working without any problems. The RCA goes into one of the sub outs on your headunit, I used the left rear on mine (usually the mono out) but I'm sure any of them will work. The blue/white...
  12. C

thank you so much!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. C

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Any info on replacing the rear blend door?
  14. C

We finally got some snow

It even snowed down here a little! I was finally able to slide around with the AWD
  15. C

What % tint matches stock tint?

My 2002 Mountaineer had 15% in the back and after getting it on the front, it looks 100% better.
  16. C

Tail Light Swap

I was wondering about this as well for my 02... if you ever get it done, please post results :thumbsup:
  17. C

a/c issue - drivers side not cooling

mine is doing this exact same thing, except the driver's side is cold and the passenger side is hot... only does it every now and then, not always. (2002 Mountaineer)
  18. C

I'm trying this on my 02 Mountaineer when I get off work
  19. C

power mirrors not working??

My mirror switch was only moving the mirrors up and left but not down or right and it was doing the same thing for both mirrors. I swapped out the mirror switch with one I bought on eBay and I still have the same problem. I'm not sure what else to do, unless both mirror motors are fried and will...
Back