Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Upgrading to Expedition... I have some questions

one...last...bump
  2. M

Does anyone have any words of advice? Any experiences with the new Expeditions at all?
  3. M

No worries. No intentions of being a "for sale" more of a hey it's possibly available b/c it'll be traded in otherwise. All is good!
  4. M

Hey everyone. It's almost time (within the next few months) to upgrade from the '99 V8 to an Expedition. Particularly I'm looking at 2007 or 2008 Eddie Bauer models with 4 wheel drive. Any of you guys currently have one in your stable? If so, would you mind throwing me a little feedback on it...
  5. M

help noisey front end

Spun wheel bearing I had a similar problem to yours. The "dead pedal" feel is from the bad bearing allowing the entire hub assembly to lean. The lean is causing the piston in the caliper to be pushed back thus fighting against the remainder of the braking system. Two months ago I lost the...
  6. M

3M Headlight Restoration Kit Reviewed

I also used this kit with great results. I would recommend it to anyone. I think I picked up the kit for $17 + tax. it was easy, and yes, also easy to get carried away with the drill. 14volt Dewalt on the faster of the two settings did the trick nicely.
  7. M

Flowmaster Question

The 40 series is a little louder and flows a little more. I believe due to the baffling setup inside the can itself. I run a 50 series on my V8 and it's pretty stout in the decibel department. The 40 series is a good screamer.
  8. M

How much abuse will AWD take?

Chrisis is right, 65/35. I have had my AWD in some pretty unforgiving stuff. Mostly axle deep mud on old hunting trails. It performs pretty well, but I wouldn't "wheel" it for the lack of going 50/50 or 30/70 rear to front. But as a fun vehicle to test some minor limits, it'll do the job. I've...
  9. M

Flowmaster Exhaust Questions

I have a '99 302 with a custom bent 2 3/4'' pipe, no resonater, and a Flowmaster 50 series, dual in, single out. It sounds great, but be prepared to burn up an EGR valve within the first year ($130 fix, upgraded EGR at the dealership). The loss in backpressure has effected the low end torque...
  10. M

lowest possible height with 20s(pics)

Looks great, but has to a painful ride pretty much on the bumpstops all day long.
  11. M

oil guage always on 'L'

bump
  12. M

Keeps Dying When Started

i cleaned the IAC twice, then replaced it with a new one. The CEL never came on for me, just died. Sounds like that is your problem.
  13. M

oil guage always on 'L'

So what is the mechanical "tick" then? How does low pressure cause it? And how much am i looking to have Ford, or a local shop, replace the pump?
  14. M

oil guage always on 'L'

bump
  15. M

"f" type Torsion bars with a TT

I really don't wheel to hard at all. I'm mainly looking to correct the "sag" and go a little higher in the process. Just seems logical. My X is pretty much a pavement pounder except for a few times a year. The only time I'm really ever off road is at hunt camp, and that's just a horribly...
  16. M

How are those 31's fitting? are you on stock wheels? did you trim? damn i could go on for a while.
  17. M

oil guage always on 'L'

I have the same "ticking" noise with my V8. I also attributed it to a bad lifter (just love pushrods). Anyhow on cold mornings (below 40 degrees) my oil pressure gauge doesn't register AT ALL until the engine heats up some. Could this be the same problem. And what would cause that mechanical...
  18. M

You got it.
  19. M

please help 99 explorer acting up again..

I had the same thing, but had to take mine to the dealer, 8 new plugs and wires, not even going to tell you how much, sad day. But couldn't reach the last two plugs myself without removing more than i wanted to. Sucks living downtown with no where to do real work.
  20. M

simple stupid exhaust ???

I'd go with a 70 series from Flowmaster, great flow without having the entire neighborhood hearing you. Of course i like my 50 Series on the v8, keeps the people in the backseat out of my conversations.
  21. M

X Club In VA

I might be game. Sitting in the urban jungle of Richmond currently.
  22. M

Sorry can't help. My V8 is dual in, single out.
  23. M

Go crawl under and look. Easiest way to find out.
Back