Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

02 4x4 V8 Eddie Bauer Jerking in Drivetrain

Explorer Jerking in Drivetrain Yep...It sounds like you have the same problem I had, rReplace the 4 x 4 module and you should be fine. The module is about $300 and the mecahnic said the module is located behind the glove compartment , make sure you disconnect the battery before removing or...
  2. E

02 Explorer Jerking in the drivetrain-PROBLEM FIXED!!! Hello everyone, I am happy to announce that the jerking problem is now 100% fixed. The dealership that has had it for 3 weeks and 3 service visits finally figured it out. The problem was the 4 x 4 module which is mounted behind the glove...
  3. E

02 Explorer Jerking Hey Joe, I will try your idea as soon as I get my Explorer back from the dealership if the problem is once again not fixed, they have had it for almost 3 weeks now and still no luck. They are considering dropping another tranny in this thing under my extended warranty...
  4. E

2002 Explorer XLT V8 Lurching/jerking probs.

02 Explorer Jerking Hey Drew, Yes I found all of the reprogramming issues and mine was reporagrmamed twice recently too, I forgot to tell you guys that at 45,000 Ford put in a remanufatcured tranny and never gave an explanation. I have noticed no difference between either transmission, the...
  5. E

This is NOT normal!!! GiJoe, If you drove my Explorer I'd bet you a thousand dollars that it is not normal, the mechanic and service guy agree that there is something seriously wrong and they do not consider this normal. They also commented that neither has ever dealt with a situation like...
  6. E

2002 Explorer XLT V8 Lurching/jerking probs.

02 Explorer Jerking too Hi everyone, I am having the identical same problem with my 02 V8 Eddie Baurer. Mine is at the dealership now and has been for 2 weeks. Did the solenoid pack cure the jerking? I would like to pass this onto the dealership working on my Explorer. Thanks.
  7. E

In July 2002, I purchased a 2002 Ford Explorer 4x4 E.B. 4.6 V8 AT with towing package. Ever since it was new (now with 63k miles), it's had an occasional "jerk" or "bucking" when accelerating (light, moderate and full throttle). When it is happening, it usually does it several times over a 5...
  8. E

Transmission problems (I think)

02 EB V8 Jerking Problem Too In July 2002, I purchased a 2002 Ford Explorer 4x4 E.B. 4.6 V8 AT with towing package. Ever since it was new (now with 63k miles), it's had an occasional "jerk" or "bucking" when accelerating (light, moderate and full throttle). When it is happening, it usually...
Back