Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

03 Explorer Sport problem

I had my coil go in that fashion, don't know if that helps..........
  2. B

Bearing Noise

Someone suggested taking the front shaft out to see if the noise goes away, is that an option? Bill
  3. B

Bearing Noise

Don't really know what to check with the slip yoke, everything seems tight. I took off the driver side tire and checked the brakes, the pads were fine but the rotors had a little rust ridge on the inner side which I chipped it off, the inner pad had worn from this buildup, and the noise is half...
  4. B

Bad bearing-like noise in front end

So Did We Ever Figure This Out?
  5. B

Bearing Noise

Yes it makes it at all speeds, seems like slow speed is worse. It was dark last night, I'll climb under tonight and check the yokes, it doesn't clunk at all though going into gear. It really sounds like a wheel bearing, there was just zero movement when I checked for movement vertically. I...
  6. B

Bearing Noise

My wife's 2000 Explorer XLS is making a bearing type noise in the front end. I jacked it up last night and checked the tire movement horizontally and vertically and everything is tight. The noise doesn't transfer to the steering wheel and there is no wobble or shaking, just a noise that sounds...
  7. B

idleing problem

Try cleaning or replacing the IAC.
  8. B

E-Bay stories

Glacier, I still say if you buy a glass ball at Home Depot or Ebay and put it on top of any of these trannies, you'll have an intersting yard ornament...the best use of a Ford Trannie.........or Dodge for that matter.......
  9. B

Oil Usage

How often do you change it? 3,500 miles should be tops, after that you will use oil just because it begins to loose it's lubricative properties.
  10. B

A plume of something came out of my '98

Sounds like the AC system blew to me, are you making cold air?
  11. B

better mpg?

Buy a Honda...........
  12. B

better mpg?

He's counting quarts as a gallon though.............
  13. B

Fuel light mile estimate?

Plus the wive's tale of blowing fuel pumps when you let it get down that low always seems to come true in my case. My wife has blown the fuel pump in her Explorer, my Ram truck, and our son's Honda Accord by letting the gas get down to nothing... Just a wive's tale...hmmmm...:roll: Bill
  14. B

help new heads now engine runs like crap

How did you go about adjusting the valves after you torqued the heads back on? As I said before if you haven't touched anything else, it sounds like the valves are adjusted too tight and are not closing properly. Bill
  15. B

How did you go about adjusting the valves after you torqued the heads back on? As I said before if you haven't touched anything else, it sounds like the valves are adjusted too tight and are not closing properly. As mentioned a compression check will identify this. Bill
  16. B

Ac On..ac Off...ac On..ac Off?? Help

Sounds to me like there is moisture in the system, have you had it charged lately. Perhaps they didn't evacuate the system properly. A little moisture freezes on the expansion valve, raises the head pressure and it shuts off. Also if you are low on freon it will cycle like that as well. Bill
  17. B

Thermostat Always Cold

I'd try a new thermostat, that one sounds defective.........
  18. B

Sounds like the valves aren't adjusted right to me.........
  19. B

Where is this leak coming from (pics)

X3...when you turn it to the end of it's travel and try turning slightly even more, you'll see it coming on strong.............
  20. B

Tracking Down Front End Knock

if it was when you hit a bump, mine was front shocks........
  21. B

Name These Parts! *reps*

You Go Girl..........
  22. B

How do I fix this?

Go to Sears and get the big Craftsman set, everything you need should be in there...
  23. B

adding a second alternator

How about towing along a snowmobile trailer with a generator mounted on it, you could put more speakers on the trailer too and really light up the neighborhood.............just a thought....
  24. B

Thermostat Always Cold

You checked all your fuses right?
  25. B

Seriously Squeaky Question, Help!

And sometimes the upper ball joint is the squeaker. If you take the control arm off be sure to mark the adjusters location or you'll be adding an alignment to the process.
Back