Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ProjectAviator

How easy is a 93 Aerostar transmission swap?

I believe they are. I haven't seen it yet.
  2. ProjectAviator

How easy is a 93 Aerostar transmission swap?

Well in the search all over for door panels for our Aerostar. I found one in our own back yard. I had mentioned to a guy I know who has a salvage yard. That I was looking for them. He called yesterday saying he has one and the interior is in great shape. So, me and Flashflood went to take a...
  3. ProjectAviator

2000 4.0L SOHC & 5R55E into a 1993 Aerostar with E-4WD.

Being that we have a 2000 Ex Limited w/4.0 sohc that is destine for the yard. With strong possibility that the transmission in the 93 Aerostar is going out. Could I swap the Explorer 5r55e in place of the A4ld in the Aerostar. We would get the 5r55 rebuilt before installing it. Thanks Tim Or...
  4. ProjectAviator

Fitting an 8.8 differential in an Aerostar.

It is a 93 XLT plus 4x4. THe van has 3.73s and the explorer has 4.10s. So, with out switching either the Explorer or the Vans Ring and Pinion. not gonna work. However, I have thought that just switching the disc brake outers from the Exp. to the van. tim
  5. ProjectAviator

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

Here they are.
  6. ProjectAviator

I will get a picture tomorrow at lunch.
  7. ProjectAviator

Bought a 90 Aerostar XL brand new. Then a used 89 XLT fully loaded. Now I just got a 93 Aerostar XLT plus awd.
  8. ProjectAviator

New Aerostar owner.

90 and an 89
  9. ProjectAviator

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

Looking for front door panels for my 93 Aerostar. Gray but any color will do. need both sides.
  10. ProjectAviator

New Aerostar owner.

She is the 3rd Aerostar we have owned. Tim
  11. ProjectAviator

New Aerostar owner.

Took advantage of the local GM dealers Black Friday deals. We picked up a 1993 Aerostar XLT. 137k is great shape. May need brakes, Alignment, no problem. Good rubber, AWD. My wife is ecstatic about it.
  12. ProjectAviator

For Sale, Ford Performance M-4700-c Carbon fiber 8.8 clutch kit.

I had thought that my 94 Exp had a factory limited slip in it. I purchased the Carbon fiber clutch kit for it. Now that I discovered I have a Detroit True Trac in it. Don't need it anymore. Brand new unopened. Factory Ford Performance part # M-4700-C 8.8 31 spline, factory in Shelby 500s $130...
  13. ProjectAviator

For Sale Passenger TTB Beam Boxing Plates

I need to see if mine has already been done or in need of a set. Tim
  14. ProjectAviator

Explorer 94 on 37, help!

Lucky for me our 94 Explorer is already set up perfect for a solid axle swap. However, I will wait till my 33" Red letters die, then adjust the TTB to handle 35's then if needed I'll do a SAS. In the mean time I can search for the perfect Solid axle for it. be it D44 or D60. tim
  15. ProjectAviator

Roll cage

Check out Chris Alston Chassisworks they build custom roll bars/ cages. Chris Alston's Chassisworks
  16. ProjectAviator

Worn out TrueTrac, Can they be rebuilt?

So, being I don't have a stock carrier, looks like I may need to go with a locker. I am thinking of going with the ARB air locker. Since I already have the OBA system. Tim
  17. ProjectAviator

Worn out TrueTrac, Can they be rebuilt?

So, me and Flashflood go to rebuild the LS and do axle seals in our 94 Explorer. Have fun even getting the cover off. Once it is off and our of the way. We find this: Running the numbers low and behold it is a Detroit TrueTrac. Being you turn the tire on one side the other doesn't move. So it is...
  18. ProjectAviator

1st gen under body protection.

Transfer case, transmission, oil pan. just basically anything critical underneath. Tim
  19. ProjectAviator

1st gen under body protection.

Our 91 XLT only has a fuel tank skid protection. I am wanting to add some anyone know of a manufacturer that has them or any DIY ideas/designs? Tim
  20. ProjectAviator

Looking to put in a locker in the rear of my 94.

Well I found out that our Explorer isn't locked. So I am possibly looking at doing an ARB select-able locker. Our Explorer has been swapped to a 2nd gen rear axle for disc brakes and 4:56 gears installed. Does anyone know if you need to reset the pinion depth when you pull out the carrier. to...
  21. ProjectAviator

traded the Ranger

Since we got number 9. we didn't need two midsize 4x4s. We needed a hauler. So today we traded our 2020 Ranger FX4 on a 2023 Ford Expedition XLT. HD towing package, room for the grandkids. The ranger was a great truck. Hope it goes to a good home. Tim
  22. ProjectAviator

Moab 2023

What he said. Looks like I won't be able to make it. I can enjoy it through pictures
  23. ProjectAviator

Moab 2023

So I have heard that we meet daily at the King Suppers in town. Is that correct? What time? Someone may just have to wake us up in the parking lot on Tues morning. Bright eyed and in need of coffee. intravenously I may add. Tim
  24. ProjectAviator

Finally- a decent Transfer-case option for us! The Behemoth Strongbox Doubler

Sounds like we have a winner on what we use. when we replace the t-case in the Explorer.
Back