Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

06 Explorer gear shift light bulb out

The first part of that link involves the gearshift as you have to go through quite the process of getting to the radio. Unfortunately the pictures appear to no longer be working but that is the proper link.
  2. U

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

I hear ya, my 93's steering got pretty bad and I definitely did not feel safe driving it but it just wasnt worth fixing.
  3. U

Light sensor

If its that much of a bother why not just switch it to off instead of auto. Doesn't seem worth paying the $50 for unless you need something else done while theyre in there.
  4. U

What is the corporate email for gripes?

www.Ford.com scroll to the bottom click contact us and on the next page click on Ford, select you email topic and type away.
  5. U

2006 no crank after one hour drive

Do any interior lights come on when you insert the key? i.e. odomoeter, radio, etc.
  6. U

Battery Discharge Rate

I have a metal hood on my 2006 XLT. Anyways..... I had to replace my battery, it was just worn out after 3 years and my new battery works great. Although its not a Motorcraft it is made by the same company, Johnson Controls, who also makes Die Hards as well as some "lesser" brands. May just...
  7. U

truck trend,,, showing the new explorer

Here's a link to the SEMA spy shots. http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2009/17/spy-shots-next-gen-ford-explorer-shifts-unibody-chassis?fc_c=1268076x2878224x60858570 Doesn't show too much as it looks like a Taurus X with a new Explorer front end.
  8. U

slow fuel filling

Have you tried backing the nozzle out slightly when fueling? What about letting some of the pressure release before inserting the nozzle.
  9. U

2007 Explorer XLT OBD II connector

Should be the same for all 2006+
  10. U

V6 vs. V8: MPG

No, its not.
  11. U

Where to buy front wheel bearings

Thanks for the asnwers, the bearings were for sale on advance auto parts website but they disspeared when they updated there website. I will have to keep looking.
  12. U

Where to buy front wheel bearings

Does anyone know of a store that sells the front wheel bearings without having to buy a new hub assembly?
  13. U

front wheel bearing help

Well, old post but if you seriously believe $180 is a fair price for a bearing....well.... A hub assy yes.... wow
  14. U

Airconditioner with a delay

Well I have manual air conditioning on my XLT but I would guess its normal if you have the electric. I have seen it on other cars were it will delay it so that it doesnt blow hot air on you.
  15. U

PULSTAR spark plugs ?

$25 a piece? I don't know about that man.
  16. U

Rear led light bar

They make them in a few different sizes, should definitely be able to get on that fits.
  17. U

2006 Puddle Lamp bulb spec?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html
  18. U

Ford or Mercury?

Reliabilty will be virtually identical as they are basically the same vehicle with cosmetic differences. If you like the looks of the Mercury better get it. It doesn't really sound like you will need 4L much, but you might end up needing it that one time in the snow so thats something to think...
  19. U

Daytime Running Lights

I believe you can enable the drl's at the dealership. They should be able to hook it up to the computer and turn it on for you.
  20. U

Automatic Headlights

The switch for the automatic headlights simply has another position, to the left of the off position is automatic. So you will need a switch and a light sensor, not sure about anything else.
  21. U

Lurching on downshift (at almost stopped speed)

Yes, the V8s 6 speed is notorious for having problems. The V6s 5 speed has some complaints but I would bet 99% of those would be fixed with the transmission update for the computer. lol, here is a quote from somebody on that site. Sounds like driver error to me. Even if something did go...
  22. U

Lurching on downshift (at almost stopped speed)

Since you're still under warranty no harm in taking it to the dealership and seeing if there is a new computer update for the transmission.
  23. U

Who here has a flex-fuel Explorer?

The price spread is usually greater than 30 cents. xvprflyboivx in PA the cheapest e85 is $2.95, if you can find gas for $3.25 there you must have some hidden oil that you are not sharing with the rest of us. Gas here is at about $3.95.
  24. U

V6 or V8 for 06 Eddie Bauer

The V8 is known to have some tranny issues and the earlier V6s are know to have radiator issues.
Back