Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Heat and AC not blowing right

That was the clarification I needed. One other stupid question, and I'll be able to get to it. Are there any photos available online that show what I need to be looking for? In other words, I won't know if what I am looking at is the problem, if I don't know what the problem looks like...
  2. L

Okay, great. Now, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "dropping the glove box down". Does that mean emptying out everything from the inside of the glove box and then taking out the piece that forms the inside of the glove box? Is there an easier way for me to see inside the dash, like taking...
  3. L

Thanks for the reply! Can you help me understand why anything could be wrong with the blower motor, when I can clearly hear it at very high volume, and feel it moving great quantities of air out from under the dash? It seems counter-intuitive to me that anything could be wrong with the blower...
  4. L

I haven't really found a close description of my exact problem, so here goes. I have a 2002 Explorer XLS. When the fan control on the Heat/AC console is on 1, the output of the air is normal. When it's up to 2, it blows normally, but with a little more noise than I think it should. At setting...
  5. L

GEM Location. Does anyone have an answer?

so where is the doggone thing? I am having all sorts of problems, and I think if I can test the bloody module, I will find a solution. This thing is even harder to find than the Loch Ness Monster or the Sasquatch!
  6. L

Windshield Wipers Stopped Working

Having a very similar problem in my 2002 Explorer. I replaced the wiper motor with no results. All of the relays and fuses are good, and according to the continuity tester I have (looks like an icepick with a wire coming out the other end) I am getting electricity in the 12-pin plug to the...
  7. L

Wipers not working when raining!

Coming home from an evening out last week, I was caught in one of the showers plaguing the Southeastern US, only to discover that my wipers would not come on at all! (front wipers, that is. The rear one works fine) My Explorer had been sitting for about 6 days before that evening. Getting...
  8. L

Compass and Thermometer for 02

That's EXACTLY what my odometer looks like. And all those things light up when starting the vehicle, but do not generally operate. I had a 95 Explorer, and my wife had an 01 Saturn VUE, and they both had temp and compass in them. You don't realize how much you use something until you don't have...
  9. L

Help! Front wipers acting weird

Rondo: Thanks for the links, and I certainly will let everyone know what happens when I fix the thing. I'll get to it on my next day off! Thank you!
  10. L

That makes sense. On mine, you turn the switch and nothing happened. On any setting. No wipers at all. No wiper wash, no intermittent, no wipers. But, when I hit the bump in the pavement on the interstate bridge, they started working. Until I hit another bump, after which they didn't. Hit a...
  11. L

Thanks for the speedy reply, DHook. I don't think that's the situation, however. Everything else on the multifunction switch (the "stalk") works perfectly, and the wipers come on and off if I hit the right kind of bump in the road. That's what makes me think it's a short, or poor connection...
  12. L

Doomstang: Thanks, but as you said, I don't know what I've got in the thing. I'm sure there is something that I can get that will allow me to see if at least the thermometer thing can be checked. Any ideas, anyone? Please?
  13. L

Driving home last night, during the biggest rainstorm in the state in a couple of years, my wipers decided not to come on! The rear wiper worked fine (like that was a help) but the front wipers would not work at all. Until... I drove over a crease in the pavement at the edge of a bridge...
  14. L

I have an '02 Explorer that does not have the compass and thermometer system installed. I see at startup that those functions exist, because all the lights come on in the message center, but there is no temp or heading information in it. What specific items would I need to obtain and install...
  15. L

Adjusting 2002 headlights???

Rondo, an illustrated write-up would be a superb thing. Having some decent photos to show exactly what gets adjusted, and where it's located would be about the best thing since sliced bread. In fact, I might even be so overwhelmed with gratitude that I would send you an industrial-sized can...
  16. L

Original equipment?

Ended up having to call Ford, and have their "Research Department" locate the original "build sheet" on the vehicle. They emailed it to me as a PDF within two business days. Just so everyone knows what happened with this.
  17. L

Original equipment?

Excellent! Thanks!!
  18. L

Original equipment?

Just acquired an '02 XLS, and it neither had the sticker nor an owner's manual. How do I go about finding out what original equipment was on the vehicle when it was first built and sold? Is there some place I can enter in the VIN or something and find out what came with the thing originally?
  19. L

Head light adjustment

Thanks, Pete... That at least tells me what to look for. I just got an owner's manual off that world wide garage sale, and I'll wait till it comes in. And no, it wasn't long-winded at all... :D
  20. L

OEM Radio Removal

Might be nice if they were posted in the forum so that the rest of us could have access.... Just a thought.
  21. L

Adjusting 2002 headlights???

Well, I didn't want to have to resurrect a seven-year old thread, so I didn't start a new thread, since this is on topic... I don't have the owner's manual for my 2002 XLS. So, could someone please explain to me where the adjustment locations are, and how exactly to adjust them? My left light...
  22. L

Head light adjustment

Well, I didn't want to have to resurrect a six-year old post, so I didn't start a new thread, since this is on topic... I don't have the owner's manual for my 2002 XLS. So, could someone please explain to me where the adjustment locations are, and how exactly to adjust them? My left light is...
Back