Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2017 in the shop and need a little help, please.

Deysha, no worries. I didn't ask for assistance here as I had called Ford Regional Customer Care. I had some great people at Ford, the dealership and our tech helping and it all got taken care of. Thanks for all you do, Deysha! We all appreciate you and the other FordService Reps.
  2. S

I got it back yesterday! The dealer offered to get it detailed for me but I thanked them and said no. I took care of that the moment I got it home. I am SO happy. I've got many friends that said, "I bet you won't buy another Ford". I am very brand loyal and have been so since I was a kid. I...
  3. S

Yep, things are proceeding as they should. I'm not typically the most patient person but there's nothing I can do about what happened and there is no reason to be nasty to anyone. I hope all will be fine too! I miss my contour motion seats. :) Thanks!
  4. S

Thanks, Peter. I should have known they were online, it's just been crazy trying to learn the laws in a fairly new (to me) state and not being close to the Ex to just run and grab things from it. It's still at the dealer. After I called Ford they got a Regional Rep to jump in and she helped...
  5. S

I am looking for the address to send a "notice of defect" to Ford. The address is supposed to be in the warranty book or owner's manual. I don't have access to mine so if someone wouldn't mind, could you please check your manual and either post or message me the address? I'd appreciate it. I...
  6. S

2017 ordering

Thank you. It's a Limited, 3.5L TI-VCT engine. To be honest, I don't know if there was any damage done. I'm hoping not. We did have to restart it after we got it in the lot as I realized we were partially blocking an exit to the drive-thru ATM ( bank parking lot). Scary, it shook like crazy...
  7. S

2017 ordering

After my husband having emergency surgery and getting out of the hospital the day before Thanksgiving, we finally got to pick up the new Ex on Friday the 25th. When we left the lot, it had 22 miles on it. Love it! The "contour motion" seats are the best. Monday, on our way into town, on a very...
  8. S

2017 ordering

Last round is on me, guys. It arrived yesterday but the dealer can't have it ready until tomorrow. It's okay, my husband is sick today. I may run by and go visit it. They will not take the plastic off the seats nor will they wash it. They will only put nitrogen in the tires and do the...
  9. S

New car pickup checklist

Very true on both accounts. I won't let my dealership wash it. I take it home and wash it, remove the window stickers, etc.
  10. S

New car pickup checklist

I'd like make another suggestion to add to that list... Move the vehicle and make sure all areas are in the sun so you can see everything. When we went to pick up our 2014 they pulled the vehicle up to the front and we were looking it over, the driver's side of it was in a shady spot and there...
  11. S

2017 ordering

Bartender...Jack and coke, please. I hurt my back and have been out, I'm back now. ;) So, the X that I order has been delivered but it's not what I ordered. The dealer ordered the 300A package not the 301A. Salesperson didn't send me the DORA until it was way too late so they had to order me...
  12. S

2017 ordering

Very nice. I like the white Platinum (see signature), it is pretty sharp. The Raptor, my favorite vehicle. Have you checked this out: http://www.runraptorrun.com/ ?
  13. S

2017 ordering

Congrats! Maybe I missed it, what color?
  14. S

Hood Struts ??

Nice! I have Redline Hood Struts on my other vehicles as does my daughter/son-in-law. They are an outstanding company with an equally outstanding product. In the same town and willing to do this, awesome, can't wait!
  15. S

2017 ordering

Hi, all! I order a Limited, in Magnetic, about three weeks ago. We just got the build date, 12 Sept. It's pretty well loaded except for the twin panel moonroof. I'm not really a fan so I opted not to get it. Last time I ordered an X, in 2013, in came in damaged. The rear passenger side door, it...
  16. S

Looking for EF Members in N. Florida/S. Georgia, or near

Hey, all! I'm about 45 mins north of Karol (ExplorerEB96), up near Inverness. Bucks County was close to the same time distance away from where I lived, in Northampton County. Small world! Just ordered a 2017 Limited. This will be my 8th X.
  17. S

How many actually own an Explorer

LOL! Thanks RetroHarley for catching that.
  18. S

How many actually own an Explorer

I'm on my 7th Explorer. 95 00 03 08 10 12 14 Guess you could say that I like them. :)
  19. S

Veterans Ford 2014 Explorer Sport Delivery Nightmare

Ajar, did you ever get a resolution? I wanted to thank you for your post. I did a lot of reading on the forums and your post stuck with me. When we went to pick up our Ex on 13 Dec 13 the salesman kept telling us that Finance was ready for us. I refused to go to Finance until we thoroughly...
  20. S

2014 Ruby Red Sport ordered

That's great! Not much longer to wait but I'm sure it seems like an eternity. ;) Post picts when you get it.
  21. S

XLT ordered on..

Well, my new EX is staying at the dealer. :(. The bumper is scratched, the trim on the glove box is scratched, there is a chunk missing out of the rear pillar at the rear window, there is a paint chip on the passenger side door and the biggest issue; the driver's side front and rear doors are...
  22. S

XLT ordered on..

The dealer called a few hours ago and the new Ex has arrived! It's going into the garage for an inspection and we are picking it up at 10 a.m. tomorrow! They are not detailing it as per my instruction. Pretty much every time we get a new Ex, I come home and re-detail it. They just don't do a...
  23. S

XLT ordered on..

Congratulations! I hope you get yours early as well!
Back