Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Spare Tire Stuck

when I crank the handle the tire does not drop but the handle turns, maybe its the cable
  2. H

Spare Tire Stuck

My spare tire won't drop down, any tips on releasing it would be helpful
  3. H

door ajar light switch

I have the same problem with the rear hatch, i spray the mechinism with WD40 and Im good for about 4 or 5 months
  4. H

loud whinning sound from air intake

Replaced It Today I replaced the IAC today and the engine is idling nice and even where it went up and down before, wont know if the noise will go away until summer when it gets hot
  5. H

need engine component location diagram

I have a 99 xlt 6 cyl 4.0 and would like to know where I could get a diagram of the engine sensors and components that are discussed on this forum so I can locate the parts easily. This would probably help others who don't know where the parts are. IE: MAF, IAC, :confused:
  6. H

I Dont Have Any Idling Problems Only The Whinning Noise In The Summer. It Runs Fine In The Winter
  7. H

I Have No Idea What Intake I Have I Assume Its Stock, The Aic The Parts Store Gave Me First Was The Wrong One It Had Large Sort Of Rectangle Holes Instead Of The Smaller Round Holes So I Brought It Back And They Said There Was Another One But They Had To Order It
  8. H

tnx ordered one today, took it off and it looks dirty inside. New one will be in monday and ill change it. I wont know if it works till the summer comes.
  9. H

fog horn tnx for the reply got any idea where the the idle controller is
  10. H

when the temperture is above 70 degrees there is a loud whinning sound from the air intake. it is not caused by the air filter, its extremely annoying. it does not occur in the colder temps only on warm days. my mechanic heard it and couldn't find it's source without a more extensive search. It"...
Back