Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

05 Ranger radio cuts out

yes, it's all original equipment. i drove it last night, and it worked fine. i have a feeling it's going to work fine until a good song comes on the radio lol
  2. R

05 Ranger radio cuts out

i went out and checked the radio again, and it works in park and in neutral. when you put it in reverse and drive, the sound cuts off, but the radio display stays on
  3. R

05 Ranger radio cuts out

got in my 05 ranger today and the radio volume cut off. i tried switching to the CD, and the same thing. i punched every button and switched back to FM and no volume. the display works works, and the volume level displays and increases/decreases on the screen... everything works. when i got home...
  4. R

right front axle bearings

i jacked up the front tire and it was what i suspected. parts should be here in the morning. figured i would do rotors, pads, shoes and an oil change while i had it down. thanks sport
  5. R

right front axle bearings

i heard that expensive noise in my right front wheel this morning. it's an 05 fx4 with 4 wheel abs. is the bearing servicible or is it a complete hub assembly? it has automatic hubs. thanks
  6. R

water leaking into cab

kinda figured i would have to do something like that. i would have thunk ford would have fixed that problem by '05. i have a floor full of wet paperwork and letters i was supposed to mail out...
  7. R

water leaking into cab

got a water leak into my cab above the rear window on my 05 extended cab. had a similar issue with my 97. only place i can see a path for water is the rear cab light? anyone else having problems with this or am i snake bit? is there a replacment gasket that will stop the leak?
  8. R

cruise control '05 FX4

got it. the vibration is coming from the gas pedal.
  9. R

cruise control '05 FX4

started noticing a slight buzz from underneath the dash, around the steering column, about a year ago when the cruise control is in use. the noise grew louder as the cruise control accelerated on an incline. i noticed today that the noise is getting much louder. i only hear it when the cruise is...
  10. R

Ranger with issues....

are you saying it will turn over but not start?
  11. R

Leaking slave cylinder when cold outside

mdub, i think you have been hanging out at the mountain lion cafe too long lol. that was my favorite place to eat when i drove busses at keystone.
  12. R

need help with a leak

oil pan gasket could be leaking or the front seal? i'm not up on my new vehicles but i would check anything that is an easy fix first. oil pan gaskets are not easy fixes on anything. check for loose oil pan bolts, timing cover, rear seal. does it leak oil when not driven? if you clean the oil...
  13. R

need help with a leak

make sure your oil filter is not loose
  14. R

What is different

now that's just showing off, lol. very nice work rwenzing. wish i still had the drive to make those kind of modifications. walmart changes my oil these days. i have adjusted my craftsmanship to repairing bass fiddles. no grease involved :)
  15. R

fuel pump shut off switch

just checked on the part and the new switch comes with a kick guard. hmmm. looks like we have learned something in detroit. i wonder if the engineers who found it necessary to put the switch in the floor ever looked at the final product and said "hmmm, that might get kicked and cause the engine...
  16. R

didn't see the part listed on the ford/motorcraft website or the parts stores websites. any ideas where to look?
  17. R

i looked around the forums but i didn't see anything about friends with big feet lol i was driving to pigeon forge saturday and stopped to get gas. my friend, 6'3" size 14 shoe, was riding with me. plenty of room in my '05 fx4 as i am about the same size. stopped for gas and got back in the...
  18. R

front end noise while turning

i think my hubs are trying to grab. they are auto lockers. not crazy about them but they were factory. they have 170k on them with no trouble until now. been off road very little so i find it strange they are showing wear.im considering manual hubs. any thoughts on this would be helpful. price...
  19. R

front end noise while turning

i am getting a noise sounding like the trandfer case trying to shift into 4wd when i turn sharp and slow. reverse or forward. thought it wa a bearing at first and did a break job and turned rotors, packed hubs... sounds like the front end is almost locking. i can spin the rear tires in the grass...
Back