Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Awd to 4wd conversion... worth it?

Oh wow, thanks for this, yea I should of used that search option, lol. I will have a look at this. :chug: Awesome. Much appreciated. As I just don't know a whole lot of this subject matter, this is helpful.
  2. B

Naturally, I am not expecting hard numbers and super definitive answers but rather a ball park idea regarding my curiosity. Anything helps. :)
  3. B

I am considering the purchase of a 2000 Limited V8 awd. It's in amazing shape but one of the thing I never really like about the V8's is the full time awd system as... it just doesn't make sense 99% of the time. Anyway, the vehicle in question may have a transfer case issue according to the...
  4. B

4.0 SOHC Tuning Options

Uh, say what? Like I said, I did try posting a message like this in the modified 06-10 section but no response. I also tried conducting a search but again, nothing relevant surfaced (maybe I didn't use the right key words?). Furthermore, I use to own a 97 myself and have found the 2nd gen...
  5. B

4.0 SOHC Tuning Options

Hey guys, I tried posting in an other area of this forum to no avail so I am going to try over here. I (my brother) has an 06 Explorer. He is looking at tuning for a bump in mileage and power production not to mention firmer shifting from the transmission to help extend the life of the...
  6. B

2009 4.0 Questions

Hey MT532, Um... I am not so sure about Jet myself. People on this forum generally steer away from Jet brand modules. Most people on here would agree that your better off getting custom tunes made by someone knowledgeable who is familiar with the 4.0 SOHC power-train to get the most effective...
  7. B

4.0 SOHC tuning options for 2006 Ex

Hi guys, Can somebody pls point me in the direction of somebody who does sct tunes for the 2006 Ex? I am looking at my options for firmer shifts and a bump in economy. -Bhop
  8. B

2009 4.0 Questions

Hey MT523, I am kinda in the same boat as you when it comes to the performance parts except I have an 06. I too have the 4.0 V6. I personally don't believe the exhaust is much of restriction. I think the only things you can do are getting it tuned for higher octane fuel which.... I think it...
  9. B

New 2006 Ford Explorer - Your advice pls?

Oh really? I thought the timing chain issues were solved after 2001 as Ford introduced updated timing chains/cassettes for the 3 gen Explorers? I know the oil change history on this thing is pretty good, but conventional oil. Is a synthetic upgrade a good idea? What about the measures I...
  10. B

Sorry, it's a 4.0 SOHC V6. I tried doing some searching but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of traffic on the for the 4th gen Explorers' portion of the forum? Or is it just me? The 2nd gen section seems to be more active and is the area I usually hang out in because I use to own a 2nd...
  11. B

Hi guys, My brother just purchased a 2006 Ford Explorer. Need some advice. What are the shortcomings of this truck? What are people doing to prevent issues? The previous owner had the transmission rebuilt but I don't know the specifics. That being said, I am guessing the trans is the...
  12. B

Torque Monster headers making comeback ???

again, if this ever gains any traction, I am in it for a set.
  13. B

Has anyone ever considered modifying a set of JBA's or any other brand so that they would fit in the 5.0 in an Explorer? Is so, what modifications are needed? Or better yet, which brand or set are best to use as a base to make modifications to?
  14. B

I don't think neither brand should be excluded as a possible option going forward if we are here dying for an option, anything but stock. Has anyone ever considered modifying a set of JBA's or any other brand so that they would fit in the 5.0 in an Explorer? Is so, what modifications are needed?
  15. B

Has anyone considered reaching out to OBX as a group and inquire if they would be willing to make us a set? At least this way, we would know how many sets we would need, design is good and we get it when we want it. Thoughts...
  16. B

I am in... if this is for real number one, number two, if they get done in a timely fashion.
  17. B

4.0 SOHC or 5.0 ?

Interesting.... I guess one of the things I dislike about the V8 is the full time awd. The timing chain.... Might go tomorrow or it might not go for like 10 years. You never know. The sohc in question is well maintained with regular oil changes. I was reading not long ago how there is tuning...
  18. B

4.0 SOHC or 5.0 ?

Hi guys, I might be buying one of the two in the very near future but I am not sure which one so I am asking you guys based on your experience. Both are 2000 Ford Explorers, very similar in every respect except the engine. If I go V8, headers, intake and tuning are in order. If I go SOHC...
  19. B

Quick Help: Bad clutch = truck won't fire up!?

Great thanks guys! I will have a look and get back to you. -b
  20. B

Quick Help: Bad clutch = truck won't fire up!?

Hi guys, Been trying to sell my Ex over the past few months. It is in need of repair (and as such, is reflected in the asking price). However, I have been out of luck and as such, the truck has been sitting around with a bad clutch and not doing a whole lot except for viewings with potential...
  21. B

Where can I buy an M5OD online?

As the title states, where can I buy one online, rebuilt preferably? Thanks, -b
  22. B

SYPHON gurus, lend me your insights!

Thanks guys, I will attempt the above mentioned! Cheers, -h
  23. B

SYPHON gurus, lend me your insights!

Hi guys, I am getting rid of my Explorer cuz the manual trans is screwed and I don't want to invest in to it. Also, I want something that is easier on gas and more practical... so I bought a commuter car. But.... I have close to a full tank left in my truck so I want to get it out. So...
  24. B

V8 Pros, I need your insights!

Sorry to keep harassing.... but to date, has Al's even produced any 5.0 headers? Sounds like it's wishful thinking....
  25. B

V8 Pros, I need your insights!

Yes, it's my understanding that the TMH are the way to go. The others will fit the engine but will interfere with the layout of the engine bay I am guessing? Good supplementary info on the V8! Thanks... On a side note, has anyone turn their V8 in to a full time RWD with the 4X4...
Back