Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

rear power

Thanks Just what I needed.
  2. G

2002 rear fuse panel

Hi Guys Where is the rear fuse panel? Is there not one to feed the trailer connector? Thanks Greg:rolleyes:
  3. G

How to get wires to back of truck

Fantastic just what I was looking for. Thanks:)
  4. G

rear power

Hi , I have a 2002 Explorer XLT, where is the rear fuse panel for the trailer connector? Thanks Greg :)
  5. G

But I want to mount the camera inside on the roof looking down. That way the rear window will always be clear ( no snow).
  6. G

Hello I have a 2002 explorer XLT and want to install a rear backup camera. How do you get the wires to the back of the truck? Is there a wiring channel under the trim? Also is there a fuse block at the rear for the trailer connector, that I can get power from the backup lights? I want to put...
  7. G

1.8 Din

Hi I want to change the head unit out of my 2003 Explorer. Is the opening 1.8 Din or 2 Din? Is there a wiring harness that is complete, so I dont have to cut any factory wires? Will the new unit slide in or do you have to use a mounting kit? Thanks For all your help. Greg:p:
  8. G

Keyless Entry Problem! Need Help Asap!

lights stay on I had the same fault, open the drivers door and pull back the wiring boot in the hinge area, I think I pushed it into the door. Then check each of the wires. You will find one that is broken. I just spliced in a new wire and no more problems. :confused:
  9. G

2006 tailgate on 2002

Hi , my lift glass trim has cracked just like so many others. Can I just replace the whole tailgate with one from a 2006. The lift glass is different and is most likely a better design.
  10. G

Electrical issues

My fix I had a problem that when the key was removed the radio would shut off and the dome light would stay on, all so the drivers puddle light would not work. The fix was simple, pull the rubber boot at the drivers door forward and look for a thick black wire inside the drivers door. There...
  11. G

Electrical issues

My fix I had a problem that when the key was removed the radio would shut off and the dome light would stay on, all so the drivers puddle light would not work. The fix was simple, pull the rubber boot at the drivers door forward and look for a thick black wire inside the drivers door. There...
  12. G

Bad Puddle Lamp

I have the same fault Does your drivers door, lock unlock switch work when the truck is shut off? I also have a problem of the inside lights will stay on, but no door ajar light come up on the dash.
  13. G

Can I add the info center options to my Truck?

Look into a ScanGauge , it will give you the MPG and all your other gauges as well.
  14. G

AC cool not cold

Added a tall can of A134A this weekend, all fixed! So cold you have to wear mittens. Thanks For all your help.
  15. G

AC cool not cold

how cold is cool Yes, I have rear air and it took 30 min. of driving before the temp in the explorer was even bearable. On hot days I will drive for a couple of blocks to get all the hot air out, then close the windows and turn the AC to max and wait for it to get to a bearable temp. After that...
  16. G

AC cool not cold

Hi there. My 2002 explorer blows cool air even when set to MAX AC, and temp dial set to cold. Can I just add a can of AC Coolant you get a Kmart? Thanks for the info.
  17. G

Manual on CDROM

Where can you get a full shop manual on CDROM? Is it a Ford manual or some other manual ie Haynes. Does it have a full wiring diagram?
  18. G

Gem Module

So things get deeper. Inow have a bad alternator, I took it apart and the commutator is bad have to find a new one. I hope this solves the light problems. and the story goes on.
  19. G

Gem Module

Now what can go wrong. Battery not charging Now my batter is not charging, the charge light no the dash does not come on but the battery in only at 12.2V with the motor running. I tested the battery with load tester and the battery in only 4 months old so I don't think its the battery. I found...
  20. G

Gem Module

now thing go from bad to worse And now my puddle lamps and interior light staying on. If you have the radio on and turn off the truck the radio just stops. Also there is the beep sound that you get when you open the door with the key in. But there is no door ajar light. The only way to get the...
  21. G

Gem Module

will try I will try that this weekend. Thanks
  22. G

Gem Module

test of glass actuator HI, I tested for power going to the glass actuator, by plugging its wiring connector into the actuator for the hatch release, then pressing on the remote and the button on the hatch, nothing happend. Both the actuators look the same. Is the security module the same one...
  23. G

Gem Module

On my 2002 explorer the rear glass hatch does not unlock. The buttons on any of the remotes do not work and the button next to the licence plate does not. I found the unlock motor and tested it and it works so, is the unlock motor feed from the Gem module or is there a relay. If so where do I...
  24. G

2 plugs under console cup holders.

mistery plug The plug under the mat in the storage bin, thats in front of the cup holders is for a cigarette lighter. The optional ash tray fits into the bin space and the cigarette lighter get its power from this plug.
  25. G

Help over a gallon of motor oil on the carpet cleaning tips, thanks

Oil spill I had the same thing happen with my brothers car. Used oil all over the rear seat. Cleaned it up with a ton of orange hand cleaner and a case of paper towels.. Hope this helps.
Back