Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Phil

Welcome! Just a bit of a warning. The longer you hang out here. The harder it will be to leave. I have not come across a better forum yet.
  2. S

'94 Cheap System Build. Thoughts?

Yes, you will want those keys. The factory size hole is a 5x7. So all of those sizes will fit. Some take more work than others.
  3. S

Need New Tires for 02 Sport Trac - Recommendatinos Please

Goodyear Dura Trac, seems to making a BIG splash lately with VERY good reviews. BFG A/T has been the standard for A/T for many years. I run Nitto Terra Grappler. I have no complaints.
  4. S

New Shocks

I to have been looking at shocks. I have narrowed it down to 3. 1. Bilstiens- cheapest place I found www.sockwarehouse.com 2. Monroe- Reflex- cheapest at www.rockauto.com (vendor of the this site) 3. Rancho RS5000- cheapest at www.rockauto.com
  5. S

tweeter mounting ideas

I agree with toypaseo, I was always told to keep the tweeter & mid close together. But sound is subjective. So I would recommend using some double sided tape and stick the tweeter in different spots/angles until you find the spot that sounds the best to you.
  6. S

suspension 2dr

You need to check your rear leaf springs. You may already have the multi leaf. Most '01 Sports seem to have the multi leaf.
  7. S

lower my 2002 ford explorer sport

First, you are in the wrong section. Your truck shares the same suspension as the 2nd Gen or years 1995-2001. But to answer you question, you need to do a reverse TT. Most guys tighten their Torsion Bar Bolts to give them a lift. You will loosen them, to lower the front
  8. S

New to me - 2001 Explorer Sport

The job1/job2 cross over date should be June 24, 2000. So look at the door sticker to see when your truck was made. This will be important when it comes to parts. Even the oil filter changed. The Sport shares parts with both the 4dr and the Trac. For example the rear brakes are the same as the...
  9. S

Horse power

There were 2 different 4.0L v6 motors available in '97. The OHV with about 160hp and the SOHC with about 200hp. Are you sure that your motor/computer is different?
  10. S

Eddie Bauer Vs Limited

There is a few things that would make it ride different. Like others have said, Broken spring, shot shocks, also different shock brands (if they have been replaced) different tires, or even different tire pressure.
  11. S

Brake

The Jeepers are going from a D35 rear to the 8.8. Not from a D44.
  12. S

New here, shopping for an Explorer. Advice?

The 4th gen have a different frame. Similar but different. The interior is different. Personal choice as to which is better. I like the 3rd row better in the 4th gen because it splits so you can fold only half down if needed. The trans shifter in the 4th is in the center console. The v6 is the...
  13. S

Tow package question - 98 Mountaineer

The tow package does come with a Class III/IV on the 3rd Gen & 4th Gen. But no the 2nd Gen.
  14. S

2001 Sport Request

No pics. Single relay by air filter. As I said my is just like the the diagram 45, 46, 47, 48 all doubles.
  15. S

Basic info for 3rd GEN... Engine is either a 4.0L V6 or a 4.6L V8. The gas mileage is very close. Most people that buy a V6 hoping for better mileage, end up wishing they had the V8. Tow package gets you a 2" receiver, 3.73 gears and trans cooler with up to 7400lb? No tow package gets you a...
  16. S

What are you planning to use the truck for? Basic commuting, towing, hauling people, off-roading?
  17. S

Sport Trac with Lift Spindles

In 2001 there were 2 different calipers used on the 4dr EX. One with steel pistons and one with Phenolic pistons. The Sport/Sport Trac used only the Phenolic piston. So yes the same caliper that was on the Sport Trac was on the 4DR. You can confirm this buy going to your favorite online parts...
  18. S

2001 Sport Request

My '01 Sport has the same box as the one you posted. Build date 4/01
  19. S

Hood Lettering

Auto Zone also carriers chrome letters.
  20. S

Need a quick answer on rims

6" wide is pretty narrow. So even with the +35 I think the will fit. I would test fit one just to be sure.
  21. S

Need a quick answer on rims

A 16" rim should clear the caliper. But yes the offset is a concern. To wide of a rim with to much back spacing will cause issues with the tire hitting the sway bar etc. What size rim and tire are you trying to use?
  22. S

Disable interior lights?

I don't know if it was like this on your year, but mine will turn off by themselves after a few minutes with the door open. Also the dash light dimmer wheel will turn mine off.
  23. S

fog lights don't work with HIDs?

For whatever reason, your truck "thinks" that your high beams are on when the HIDs are plugged in. You would think that you could simply do the "fog light mod" so that your fogs work with high beams. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60518&highlight=fog+light+mod
  24. S

Condensation inside windshield

I think I have had condensation with every car I have owned. Humid air (your breath is warm & humid) on the inside + something cold on the outside (snow or temp drop).
  25. S

Very strange door lock problem

I had an issue like this. I could hear the actuator trying to unlock the door and the plunger would jump ever so slightly. But not unlock. It ended up being the pop rivet that held the actuator to the inside of the door broke. I just replaced it with a small bolt.
Back